or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › personalized stationery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

personalized stationery

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
There have been numerous threads discussing where best to get personalized stationery. After purchasing overpriced thermographed cards at Cassegrain with rudeness included, I again need cards and I have solicited bids from various purveyors for 1000 cards + 100 sheets of paper + 100 envelopes, both for engraved and thermographed. I thought the results were interesting. I am still waiting for a Smythson reply.

I solicited prices from Cassegrain, Stern, Smythson, and Crane's (rounded to the nearest $100):

Cassegrain: engraved, $5100; thermographed, $1900
Stern: engraved, $2500; thermographed, $1400
Crane's: engraved, $1200; thermographed, $600

For some reason, Cassegrain's bid stipulated plain envelopes, the others are personalized.
post #2 of 29
While I cant speak for the quality of any of the above brands, its always nice to see personalized stationary done well. Too bad nobody really uses the written word too much nowadays.
post #3 of 29
^ This is why it is so effective.
post #4 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
While I cant speak for the quality of any of the above brands, its always nice to see personalized stationary done well. Too bad nobody really uses the written word too much nowadays.

You can send me a love note anytime baby.

post #5 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
While I cant speak for the quality of any of the above brands, its always nice to see personalized stationary done well. Too bad nobody really uses the written word too much nowadays.

I agree. I bought some simple stationary at Tabula Rasa when i was in SLC...envelopes, paper, and thank you notes. I have a half a dozen nice fountain pens that deserve something decent to write on. Youd be surprised how far a hand written thank you note will go.

plus, the ladies love a handwritten note. just sayin.
post #6 of 29
That is another reason why I love to live in Hong Kong.
It is much cheaper to make personalized stationery in HK.
Actually, my first personalized stationery was made when I was still a high school student. They were Conqueror paper & envelopes with my own design.
So bad that the Conqueror paper today don't take ink well.
post #7 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post
I agree. I bought some simple stationary at Tabula Rasa when i was in SLC...envelopes, paper, and thank you notes. I have a half a dozen nice fountain pens that deserve something decent to write on. Youd be surprised how far a hand written thank you note will go.

plus, the ladies love a handwritten note. just sayin.

You will also be surprised how well a freshly cut quill pen wrote.
post #8 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post
You can send me a love note anytime baby.


Will do as soon as I find a quill. Miss you.
post #9 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by brescd01 View Post
There have been numerous threads discussing where best to get personalized stationery. After purchasing overpriced thermographed cards at Cassegrain with rudeness included, I again need cards and I have solicited bids from various purveyors for 1000 cards + 100 sheets of paper + 100 envelopes, both for engraved and thermographed. I thought the results were interesting. I am still waiting for a Smythson reply. I solicited prices from Cassegrain, Stern, Smythson, and Crane's (rounded to the nearest $100): Cassegrain: engraved, $5100; thermographed, $1900 Stern: engraved, $2500; thermographed, $1400 Crane's: engraved, $1200; thermographed, $600 For some reason, Cassegrain's bid stipulated plain envelopes, the others are personalized.
Brescd1, A couple of thoughts: First, a great project idea - I love paper and handwritten notes. Next, If you can spend some extra time coming up with the perfect design for you I would imagine that ordering 5,000 instead of 1,000 would be not much more - just a thought. Lastly. I can't remember the name but I read an article about an American young man who loves paper and actually ended up buying a factory in Eastern Europe that was going out of business that makes special paper.
post #10 of 29
Try Pineider
post #11 of 29
Crane's thermograph doesn't look great, IMHO. Their engraving is nice and if you plan to reorder, I see no reason not to have a die made. When I ordered my last set of cards (using Crane's), the store I ordered them through actually suggested I avoid thermograph and use flat printing until there are is enough critical mass in the company for us to finalize our logo and operating location so we can develop a set of engraving dies.
post #12 of 29
Brooks Brothers has very nice traditional-looking personalized stationery, very reasonably priced.
post #13 of 29
Thread Starter 
All-State Legal quotes $500.
post #14 of 29
Doc, give Bradley Engraving in Tampa a call. They do my stuff -- I could not afford your prices at all.
post #15 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishball View Post
That is another reason why I love to live in Hong Kong.
It is much cheaper to make personalized stationery in HK.
Actually, my first personalized stationery was made when I was still a high school student. They were Conqueror paper & envelopes with my own design.
So bad that the Conqueror paper today don't take ink well.

fuck conqueror, fish. thats why I'd rather use fedrigoni/fabriano paper.... okay actually my wife does business with them but their products are great, and they have a great distribution network in hk.

also, I regularly have personalized stationery, cards and even "ang pow"/red envelopes made as gifts. people love it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › personalized stationery