or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 67

post #991 of 9496
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post

Seems pretty high considering the money problems Spain is having??

facepalm.gif
post #992 of 9496
Nope, size 7. smile.gif
post #993 of 9496
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Bam!
Photobucket

 

Hey, Namor, can you comment on the blue-ness (blue-itude? blue-icity?) of the shell? Is it distinctly blue & not black? Gorgeous boots, BTW!

post #994 of 9496
^ what you see is what you get. not blue, not black, but navy.

more pics here:

http://yolowastaken.tumblr.com/post/26180542031/what-to-wear-with-navy-colored-shoes
post #995 of 9496
196

i'd wear them like this icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #996 of 9496
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ what you see is what you get. not blue, not black, but navy.
more pics here:
http://yolowastaken.tumblr.com/post/26180542031/what-to-wear-with-navy-colored-shoes

 

Thanks for the link to the pics. Now I'm rethinking those wholecuts on the Carmina site.

post #997 of 9496
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ what you see is what you get. not blue, not black, but navy.
more pics here:
http://yolowastaken.tumblr.com/post/26180542031/what-to-wear-with-navy-colored-shoes

Wow, those are sweet. Do you hem those pants specifically to wear with those boots, or does it somehow work with both your shoes and boots?
post #998 of 9496
I've got a question to you owners of Carmina wholecuts:
I tried them in a local store a few weeks ago and had an issue with the fit around my ankle. There was a gap of nearly an inch on the side, below my ankles.
Do you have similiar issues? Could you post pics of how your shoes fit in that area?

Thanks!
post #999 of 9496
Crossposting pics of the Thompson PTB's from Epaulet

690

390

I am floored by how nice the suede is.
post #1000 of 9496
^ suede is indeed top notch. Got a chance to handle them and was impressed. Not surprised however as I've come to expect exceptional quality from Carmina
post #1001 of 9496
i tried contacting carmina through their web form and email 3 times during the past 2 weeks but did not get a single reply.. any ideas what i'm doing wrong?
post #1002 of 9496
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachoo View Post

i tried contacting carmina through their web form and email 3 times during the past 2 weeks but did not get a single reply.. any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

Did you send Betty flowers and chocolates?

Seriously - it's kinda tough with Carmina. I think it's mostly a language thing. That and it's tough for anyone to fullfill orders one at a time via email.

I find it best to make it clear that you are READY TO ORDER and to have specific model number included in the email. Go to their main website (not the webstore). Search down the model number (even if you are looking for a MTO). This gives Betty something to start with that she can firmly understand.

Alternatively if you have a friend who can communicate with her in Spanish I imagine that would help. Google translate is not that great so I wouldn't try that route.
post #1003 of 9496
^ +1. Also, keep the emails simple and short if in English. Do your research of the lasts; don't ask for sizing until you have already decided on a "buying" a particular model. Ever since the first week of no replies, Betty and I have exchanged 40? Emails with the most recent one just hours ago. I don't think any of them have been longer than 3 sentences. Surprisingly, she has responded within days if not hours
post #1004 of 9496
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ +1. Also, keep the emails simple and short if in English. Do your research of the lasts; don't ask for sizing until you have already decided on a "buying" a particular model. Ever since the first week of no replies, Betty and I have exchanged 40? Emails with the most recent one just hours ago. I don't think any of them have been longer than 3 sentences. Surprisingly, she has responded within days if not hours

Otherwise...

"No Carmina for you!"
post #1005 of 9496
Thanks for the replies guys.. will keep those points in mind and try to be patient..

NAMOR - do you happen to know what shell colors are currently available at carmina? just saw your navy bals and they are amazing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More