They really do look plain black. I guess it's just the cloudy weather. It felt like it was 5PM when it was only noon. I'm waiting for the sun to come out so I can quickly slip them on and take some pics of the navy, but no Mr. Sun at all.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 12:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 10/22/14 at 8:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Brown Double Monks $300- $400 range Last post on 9/13/12 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project Last post on 12/7/12 at 8:53am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 652
Styleforum Top Picks
Here's my navy shell Carmina (sold, sadly).. Is this accurate? Or darker?
Inside, artificial lighting
It looks quite accurate actually. I need to wear them a lot more for the patina to come out though like yours in the sun pic.
Here's one at a lighter time of day indoors in front of the window. Still cloudy as hell. Actually just stopped raining when I took that pic.
Actually these look quite black too except with slightly more navy. I think I just need to let my shoes age a tiny bit, I think they're just a bit darker due to my recent shine session, navy cream and wax though my naked eye perceives them as a bit lighter and more navy than black in real life.
You chose wisely. These are exactly what I want in my next shoes. I have some Peal & Co suedes that don't feel right. I've got all my bases covered (for the most part) and decided Carmina Simpsons are what I want. They beat out EG 888, Peal & Co, Carmina Inca, Loake 026F Last... I can go all night dancing at a wedding (serious dancing, not drunk white boy dancing) and then the next day as well, and I'm not that sore.
i now own the best shoes ever. thanks for all the input guys!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Glad they arrived safely :) Wear them in good health!
Only few pairs & sizes left :(
We have more sizes in navy & dark brown suede simpson version will arrive soon :)
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
Styleforum Top Picks
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 8 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 19 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 34 seconds ago
- › People on Yelp: Why do you all suck? 1 minute ago
- › BNIB ALDEN SHELL CORDOVAN CHUKKA BOOTS Burgundy size 10.5B/D 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Hair Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...