or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 652

post #9766 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post
 

These are the darkest navy shoes I've seen in a while. They look good though. But all I really see is black.


They really do look plain black. I guess it's just the cloudy weather. It felt like it was 5PM when it was only noon. I'm waiting for the sun to come out so I can quickly slip them on and take some pics of the navy, but no Mr. Sun at all.

post #9767 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by SushiOfTheGods View Post
 


They really do look plain black. I guess it's just the cloudy weather. It felt like it was 5PM when it was only noon. I'm waiting for the sun to come out so I can quickly slip them on and take some pics of the navy, but no Mr. Sun at all.

Here's my navy shell Carmina (sold, sadly).. Is this accurate? Or darker?

 

Inside, artificial lighting

 

 

Outside, shade

 

Outside, sun.

post #9768 of 9773

It looks quite accurate actually. I need to wear them a lot more for the patina to come out though like yours in the sun pic.

 

Here's one at a lighter time of day indoors in front of the window. Still cloudy as hell. Actually just stopped raining when I took that pic.

 

Actually these look quite black too except with slightly more navy. I think I just need to let my shoes age a tiny bit, I think they're just a bit darker due to my recent shine session, navy cream and wax though my naked eye perceives them as a bit lighter and more navy than black in real life.

post #9769 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Here's my navy shell Carmina (sold, sadly).. Is this accurate? Or darker?



Inside, artificial lighting




Outside, shade



Outside, sun.

That's so difficult to differentiate between until you're out in the sun. Just wows me
post #9770 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by presidente View Post


That's so difficult to differentiate between until you're out in the sun. Just wows me


That's the beauty of them :)

post #9771 of 9773

Face it. Those punks sold you black shoes and coined them as navy. 

"He wanted navy but all we have are black."

"Re-badge the box."

post #9772 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Face it. Those punks sold you black shoes and coined them as navy. 


"He wanted navy but all we have are black."


"Re-badge the box."

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE LEGION OF DOOM...
post #9773 of 9773
My first pair of Carminas - plain captoe in dark brown suede from The Armoury 3 years ago. Still my faves and still the only Simpsons that fit me. The sole edge needs some love I know...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More