or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 65

post #961 of 10097
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Bam!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Photobucket

nice dude, that navy shell is great
post #962 of 10097
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Bam!
Photobucket

250
post #963 of 10097
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post


i noticed that too. looks great nonetheless. would be great to see them with a little burnishing on the toe and perhaps the heel counter

 

They're so light it looks like they will start developing a patina quickly. Not sure if I have the guts to try burnishing lol8[1].gif

 

Also, those boots look awesome!

post #964 of 10097
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

thanks! and fortunately it cooled down this week so these babies will go out on their maiden voyage tomorrow. and yes, Robert last-Fits TTS

Request for some top - down pics. I want to order a 797, and am considering lasts....
post #965 of 10097
How is the XIM Last compared to the INCA? Im a 7,5 UK in the Inca, what would that be in the XIM Last?
post #966 of 10097
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

nice dude, that navy shell is great

Damn might MTO those Navy Shell in the Rain Last.
post #967 of 10097
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Bam!
Photobucket

WOW!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #968 of 10097

Was just in Madrid.. and being new to this stuff hadn't heard of Carmina, but bought a pair anyways and realized that there was a thread for them on here after getting internet again! shog[1].gif

 

Didn't speak Spanish so have little idea of what I bought, maybe some pros can enlighten if they are any good!

 

Some poor pictures below

 

SAM_1545.JPG

 

SAM_1546.JPG

post #969 of 10097

Not a pro but I'm guessing it's these in black calf which would make them on the Rain last.

post #970 of 10097
Aren't they marked on the box? If not the shoe salesperson wouldn't be able to find them in the stockroom.

They will also have some numbers inside the shoe itself. This will include the model number.
post #971 of 10097
i have an interesting story about carmina today, i walked into wilkes bashford in downtown sf and they have a bunch of bontoni, lobb, g&g and one other big brand i forget, i got approached by a very well dressed polite gentleman asking me if i needed any help, and was i interested in anything particular, i politely said i was good and asked why he didn't carry EG, he replied that the lasts and sizing was all over the place and he found it annoying, he followed up asking if i owned any lobs or g&g, i said no but the second i mentioned that i opted for Carmina, this guy started asking me a lot of questions and told me he was the buyer for wilkes bashford and had considered carmina but had not had a chance to see some in person or get the sizing down...

i educated him a bit and maybe they will start stocking carmina in the future biggrin.gif
post #972 of 10097
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

i have an interesting story about carmina today, i walked into wilkes bashford in downtown sf and they have a bunch of bontoni, lobb, g&g and one other big brand i forget, i got approached by a very well dressed polite gentleman asking me if i needed any help, and was i interested in anything particular, i politely said i was good and asked why he didn't carry EG, he replied that the lasts and sizing was all over the place and he found it annoying, he followed up asking if i owned any lobs or g&g, i said no but the second i mentioned that i opted for Carmina, this guy started asking me a lot of questions and told me he was the buyer for wilkes bashford and had considered carmina but had not had a chance to see some in person or get the sizing down...
i educated him a bit and maybe they will start stocking carmina in the future biggrin.gif

did you talk to John? Hes a cool guy I met him last time I was in the SF store and he showed me some Bontonis coming for the future peepwall[1].gif
post #973 of 10097
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

did you talk to John? Hes a cool guy I met him last time I was in the SF store and he showed me some Bontonis coming for the future peepwall[1].gif

yea thats the guy, very classy, polite, i was wearing sw&d stuff and didn't look like i'd be a buyer of e.g./lobb/gg but he was very classy and had a conversation with me which i think surprised him a little, he knew i wasn't buying anything cuz I'm a boot guy, nevertheless it felt nice to not have a sales associate be snobbish and have a genuine conversation
post #974 of 10097
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

nice dude, that navy shell is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian B View Post

250

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

They're so light it looks like they will start developing a patina quickly. Not sure if I have the guts to try burnishing lol8%5B1%5D.gif

Also, those boots look awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

WOW!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

too kind, too kind

im done with boots, i think
post #975 of 10097
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
too kind, too kind
im done with boots, i think

I have only one word to say to you..........


Wigmore
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More