or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 595

post #8911 of 9517
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post
 

 

 

Leather type, lined/unlined, vamp/tongue stitching....all play a part in sizing.

Absolutely. My calf Carmina bal boots with a suede shaft lace up nice and tight, but my cordovan (lower and shaft) bal boots don't even nearly lace up all the way, and are far too tight on the toes.

 

Live and learn, I suppose.

post #8912 of 9517

Looking for some advice on a tough shoe decision! I know this thread may be bias towards one of the options below, but I would love everyone's advice. I am looking to purchase a dark brown calf Brogue and debating between the 2 below.

 

Option 1: Carmina Full Brogue Wingtip in Dark Brown Calf

http://gentlemensfootwear.myshopify.com/collections/shoes/products/carmina-wingtip-full-brogue-in-dark-brown-calf

 

Option 2: Kent Wang Handgrade Brogue

http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/handgrade-brogue.html

 

Appreciate the advice.

post #8913 of 9517
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddang View Post

Looking for some advice on a tough shoe decision! I know this thread may be bias towards one of the options below, but I would love everyone's advice. I am looking to purchase a dark brown calf Brogue and debating between the 2 below.

Option 1: Carmina Full Brogue Wingtip in Dark Brown Calf
http://gentlemensfootwear.myshopify.com/collections/shoes/products/carmina-wingtip-full-brogue-in-dark-brown-calf

Option 2: Kent Wang Handgrade Brogue
http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/handgrade-brogue.html

Appreciate the advice.

I own the DC Lewis (Kent Wang) and love them. They are museum and mid -brown though, so it doesn't fit your dark brown criteria.

Pic of mine:

post #8914 of 9517
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddang View Post

Looking for some advice on a tough shoe decision! I know this thread may be bias towards one of the options below, but I would love everyone's advice. I am looking to purchase a dark brown calf Brogue and debating between the 2 below.

Option 1: Carmina Full Brogue Wingtip in Dark Brown Calf
http://gentlemensfootwear.myshopify.com/collections/shoes/products/carmina-wingtip-full-brogue-in-dark-brown-calf

Option 2: Kent Wang Handgrade Brogue
http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/handgrade-brogue.html

Appreciate the advice.

You've got quite the apple and orange to compare there. The Carmina is a full brogue, while the KW/DCL is a 1/2 or 2/3 brogue. Plus, the Carmina is a wingtip while the KW/DCL is a captoe. There's a lot of stylistic difference there which is really up to you and personal preference.
post #8915 of 9517
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

You've got quite the apple and orange to compare there. The Carmina is a full brogue, while the KW/DCL is a 1/2 or 2/3 brogue. Plus, the Carmina is a wingtip while the KW/DCL is a captoe. There's a lot of stylistic difference there which is really up to you and personal preference.
''

The Kent Wang is much better leather and higher construction standards IMO.
post #8916 of 9517
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddang View Post

Looking for some advice on a tough shoe decision! I know this thread may be bias towards one of the options below, but I would love everyone's advice. I am looking to purchase a dark brown calf Brogue and debating between the 2 below.

Option 1: Carmina Full Brogue Wingtip in Dark Brown Calf
http://gentlemensfootwear.myshopify.com/collections/shoes/products/carmina-wingtip-full-brogue-in-dark-brown-calf

Option 2: Kent Wang Handgrade Brogue
http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/handgrade-brogue.html

Appreciate the advice.

I have #2. Mine is actually a bit darker than europrep's since I used darker polish and wax. The fiddleback soles on KW shoes are much better than the Carmina. If you liked the mottled look of museum calf you should go with the KW. However, I agree that this is really a personal choice. These two are different enough that preferences should come into play. Personally, I like the semi-brogue better than the full wingtip.

post #8917 of 9517
My first Carminas. Tobacco suede chukkas on Detroit last. Dainite soles. This is the "old" shade of tobacco. Needed a casual shoe that could take some rainy weather. These will work great. Thanks Skoak for the fantastic service and fast delivery.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



post #8918 of 9517

I keep almost pulling the trigger n those. congrats! They look great!

post #8919 of 9517
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post
 

I keep almost pulling the trigger n those. congrats! They look great!

 

Thanks! When I heard that the "old" tobacco shade was no longer available, I jumped on these. 

post #8920 of 9517

Those tobacco chukkas are beautiful.  Congrats!

post #8921 of 9517

^^^^^ Cheers! 

post #8922 of 9517
Quote:
Originally Posted by partyof6 View Post

My first Carminas. Tobacco suede chukkas on Detroit last. Dainite soles. This is the "old" shade of tobacco. Needed a casual shoe that could take some rainy weather. These will work great. Thanks Skoak for the fantastic service and fast delivery.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Wow. Awesome. I'm a huge fan of the Detroit last as of late and combined with the Dainite sole...:drool:

post #8923 of 9517
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

The Kent Wang is much better leather and higher construction standards IMO.

Thanks, good to know.

I don't doubt DLC's quality since its been attested too so often, but I think KW+DLC could do with some better pics. Comparing the two from a picture standpoint and ignoring stylistic differences, the Carmina looks better.
post #8924 of 9517
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsan View Post

Wow. Awesome. I'm a huge fan of the Detroit last as of late and combined with the Dainite sole...drool.gif

Thank you. I was a bit nervous with the Detroit last because i couldn't try it on before buying. No one around me stocks it. But thankfully, the fit is great and I think the shape is perfect for a casual boot.
post #8925 of 9517
Does the Detroit fit similar to Rain in width and length?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More