or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 572

post #8566 of 9529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaktiebolaget View Post

It's not technically a narrow last. We refer to it as "snug fitting" as it accommodates for a low instep and narrow feet but it is not a narrow fitting last per se.

 

Other Carmina last that are notably snug around the instep are Robert and the loafer adapted Uetam last.

 



If Simpson isn't a narrow fitting last, then which Carmina lasts fit narrower than Simpson?
post #8567 of 9529

Happy Friday/Weekend everyone :)

 

X-post from our thread about 2 MTOs we currently have going on now!

Have 5 interests each and just need on more on both!

Please feel free to PM me for more details :)

 

1. Snuff Suede Captoe boots with unlined shaft (Rain Last)

 

2. Burnished Burgundy U Cap (Rain Last)

 

Cheers!

post #8568 of 9529
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveyoo1983 View Post

Happy Friday/Weekend everyone smile.gif

X-post from our thread about 2 MTOs we currently have going on now!
Have 5 interests each and just need on more on both!
Please feel free to PM me for more details smile.gif

1. Snuff Suede Captoe boots with unlined shaft (Rain Last)



2. Burnished Burgundy U Cap (Rain Last)



Cheers!

Just one more on the U cap. Just one more. No peer pressure or anything. smile.gif
post #8569 of 9529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

Just one more on the U cap. Just one more. No peer pressure or anything. smile.gif
You could always order two pairs...haha. biggrin.gif
post #8570 of 9529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

Just one more on the U cap. Just one more. No peer pressure or anything. smile.gif

 


Don't look at me, I'm one of the 5 already in on this biggrin.gif.
post #8571 of 9529

Hello Gents,

 

Enjoying my Cognac Carmina Full Brogue Oxfords (922) today.  :fonz:

 

Inside:

 

photo imagejpg1_zpsfa9e2a47.jpg

 

 

Outside:

 

photo imagejpg1_zpse59d4529.jpg

post #8572 of 9529
One year old burgundy shell brogues.

image.jpg 1546k .jpg file
post #8573 of 9529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

One year old burgundy shell brogues.

image.jpg 1546k .jpg file

FTFY

post #8574 of 9529
love the 922s. very nice
post #8575 of 9529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post
 

Hello Gents,

 

Enjoying my Cognac Carmina Full Brogue Oxfords (922) today.  :fonz:

 

Inside:

 

photo imagejpg1_zpsfa9e2a47.jpg

 

 

Outside:

 

photo imagejpg1_zpse59d4529.jpg


Beautiful color...great combination

post #8576 of 9529
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaktiebolaget View Post
 

It's not technically a narrow last. We refer to it as "snug fitting" as it accommodates for a low instep and narrow feet but it is not a narrow fitting last per se.

 

Other Carmina last that are notably snug around the instep are Robert and the loafer adapted Uetam last.

 



If Simpson isn't a narrow fitting last, then which Carmina lasts fit narrower than Simpson?

None. Though both the Simpson and the Alcudia lasts are snug, they are not designed to be "narrow" in that sense.

post #8577 of 9529

Any opinion (or details pics) of their dark brown suede versus the snuff and other colours or versus suede quality from other mid- and high-end makers?

 

On pictures the dark brown looks really unimpressive compared to the snuff, I wonder if it's just the colour or (sometimes) also the quality: I am really not prepared to spend € 300+ on suede that will just turn out to be meh. I'm looking for suede distinctively better than Meermin Classic Line. I've seen Carmina's snuff in person and it was beautiful but I need a darker coloured shoe.


Edited by All Tatters - 6/7/14 at 7:10am
post #8578 of 9529
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush12345 View Post

Hi where can I check for a carmina GMTO ?
anybody interested in a pair of oxfords or loafers in burgundy cordovan on simpson ?
Its not offered on RTW as of now..

I'd be interested in oxfords.
post #8579 of 9529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaktiebolaget View Post
 

None. Though both the Simpson and the Alcudia lasts are snug, they are not designed to be "narrow" in that sense.

 

Okay - I think we might just be using different terms to describe the same thing.  You don't describe the Simpson last as narrow fitting, per se, but agree that from a company that makes something in the order of two dozen lasts, none fit narrower than Simpson.

post #8580 of 9529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo905 View Post


I'd be interested in oxfords.

Thats two. I believe we need atleast 6 to qualify for a GMTO. I still need to check for the attributes that can be changed.

Anybody else interested in a pair of burgundy cordovan oxfords (Simpson) ?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More