or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 538

post #8056 of 9773
Congrats europrep
Loafer looks really soft and supple
post #8057 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

^^ You can also use a goat hair brush. That is even softer. But much more expensive unfortunately.


Inexpensive goat brush.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Collonil-1909-FINE-Shoe-Boot-Shine-Buff-Brush-with-natural-Goats-Hair-x-1-One-/151257182089?
post #8058 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post
 

x-posting some new kicks

 

 

 

 

 

AppleMark\

Nice choices. Is this their snuff suede?

post #8059 of 9773

Thanks guys.  Loafer is Doeskin.  I am actually most impressed with the tobacco suede on the chukka...so supple.  Both are a bit darker than my pics.  

 

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/new-arrivals/products/carmina-string-loafer-in-doeskin

post #8060 of 9773


Navy and grey

post #8061 of 9773
^^ Oh hecks yea!
post #8062 of 9773
That's not normal navy Is it?
post #8063 of 9773
@europrep that doeskin looks fantastic!

What last is the chukka on?
post #8064 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianGP View Post

@europrep that doeskin looks fantastic!

What last is the chukka on?

 

The chukka is on the Detroit last.

post #8065 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

That's not normal navy Is it?


That is in strong sunlight so it looks lighter than normal.

post #8066 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baked Potato View Post

The chukka is on the Detroit last.

Thanks! I thought it was soller.
post #8067 of 9773

Just purchased a pair of Inca brown double monks. I noticed after walking around with them for a day that the heel seems to be a different height than the front of the shoe. 

 

In picture 1, you can see that if the entire heel is flat on the table, the front of the shoe doesn't touch the table. I'm using my finger to press down on the shoe tree to make sure the entire heel is flat.

 

In picture 2, only the front portion of the heel touches the table if the front of the shoe rests on the table.

 

Is this normal/intentional? I didn't notice this on my other pairs of dress shoes. I'm a bit concerned since this would mean the front of the heel will wear out very fast in comparison to the rest of the heel. 

 

 

post #8068 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by unipair guy View Post


That is in strong sunlight so it looks lighter than normal.

Strong sunlight you say, can you send some of that to Stockholm my dear colleague?
post #8069 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


Strong sunlight you say, can you send some of that to Stockholm my dear colleague?


We are having an early spring here in Seoul.  It is nice now but I will envy you come summer when it is extremely humid here.  Sorry, about getting back to you late on the rayder last.  I believe it is the classic rayder last.  Great job on the olive suede blucher!

post #8070 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinybarbarian View Post

Just purchased a pair of Inca brown double monks. I noticed after walking around with them for a day that the heel seems to be a different height than the front of the shoe. 

In picture 1, you can see that if the entire heel is flat on the table, the front of the shoe doesn't touch the table. I'm using my finger to press down on the shoe tree to make sure the entire heel is flat.

In picture 2, only the front portion of the heel touches the table if the front of the shoe rests on the table.

Is this normal/intentional? I didn't notice this on my other pairs of dress shoes. I'm a bit concerned since this would mean the front of the heel will wear out very fast in comparison to the rest of the heel. 






It's pretty common in shoes, not ideal, but it's out there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More