or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 424

post #6346 of 9323
i dont know how i would wear jodhpur. having owned and sold multiple pairs, i think matching jodhpurs with the wardrobe takes more care and thought than any other dress shoe/boot. a poorly matched outfit will have the jodhpur resembling cowboy boots or womans high boots
post #6347 of 9323
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

i dont know how i would wear jodhpur. having owned and sold multiple pairs, i think matching jodhpurs with the wardrobe takes more care and thought than any other dress shoe/boot. a poorly matched outfit will have the jodhpur resembling cowboy boots or womans high boots

Hmm...I could be wrong, but so far I'm thinking these would be relatively easy to wear. I figure I'd wear them like I would single or double monks or PTBs. I guess we'll see how it goes.
post #6348 of 9323
^ With a name like MacktasticGDogg, there is little doubt you can rock that boot. Not so sure a non-Macktastic type like myself would be able to.
post #6349 of 9323
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

i dont know how i would wear jodhpur. having owned and sold multiple pairs, i think matching jodhpurs with the wardrobe takes more care and thought than any other dress shoe/boot. a poorly matched outfit will have the jodhpur resembling cowboy boots or womans high boots

So my concern was because of balance issues my trouser leg opening is 8.75-9.25 inches and I knew with a very clean vamp it would look like cowboy boots but I think with my weight loss and reducing pant size all the way through it might look better with a narrower leg.

With that being said I don't know how it would look worn with a suit vs worn casually with jeans. I think it might look nice but I have no experience with them. I tried on a pair of bontonis and they looksd beautiful but they looked out of place with my jeans so idk. Hard to invest in something like that when I have to question whether it would work with my current wardrobe
post #6350 of 9323
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

^ With a name like MacktasticGDogg, there is little doubt you can rock that boot. Not so sure a non-Macktastic type like myself would be able to.

LOL! I wonder how many people actually match their forum names in real life. Mine was generated from some random name generator website years ago...

Anyway, even if I can't pull off the Jodhpurs, they look good enough to use as a display piece. Besides, Carmina allegedly won't make any more shell Jodhpur boots, so they're like a collector's item as well...or something like that...biggrin.gif
post #6351 of 9323
And do people *look* like what their names would lead us to believe they look like?

(Sadly I do resemble Budapest circa 1944.)
post #6352 of 9323
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

And do people *look* like what their names would lead us to believe they look like?

(Sadly I do resemble Budapest circa 1944.)
I don't know if I look like the Tifosi...haha.
post #6353 of 9323

Gentlemen, presenting for your viewing pleasure, my new Carmina lizard captoe monkstraps on the Rain last, received today via the magic of snail mail.

 

Thanks to Young "Steve" Foo from Gentleman's Footwear for putting this MTO together. These shoes are simply extraordinary. I may well get married in them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #6354 of 9323
Some new stock just in.

Navy Shell Chukka (pre-order run but still some stock left):


Carmina U-wing, made by Don José especially for Skoaktiebolaget:


Carmina Chukka in Horween Hatch Grain:
post #6355 of 9323
Maiden voyage of the navy shell Jodhpurs today. I'm loving the navy shell!
post #6356 of 9323

I have been subscribed to this thread for a while now, but don't own any Carminas.  I decided to jump in with both feet and ordered two pairs via ShoeMart as they are running a pretty damn good sale.  Basically got two pairs for the price of one (link below) with free shipping in the U.S.  I grabbed the Coyle Brown Boots (Forest Last) and the Anders Brown Loafers (Rain Last).  

 

http://search.theshoemart.com/search?keywords=carmina&btnSearch=GO 

post #6357 of 9323




StyleForum group MTO with Skoaktiebolaget. Burgundy chukka on Rain last, single dainite on unpacking and on maiden voyage.
post #6358 of 9323
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post

I have been subscribed to this thread for a while now, but don't own any Carminas.  I decided to jump in with both feet and ordered two pairs via ShoeMart as they are running a pretty damn good sale.  Basically got two pairs for the price of one (link below) with free shipping in the U.S.  I grabbed the Coyle Brown Boots (Forest Last) and the Anders Brown Loafers (Rain Last).  

http://search.theshoemart.com/search?keywords=carmina&btnSearch=GO 

I just ordered a pair of the Coyle's as well. I was actually looking through the Alden page on their website this morning when I saw the banner advertising their sale. Can't beat a nice pair of boots at $299.
post #6359 of 9323
Those are gorgeous, Swede.

europrep - congrats -please post pics when you get 'em.

GDogg - navy shell rules!
post #6360 of 9323
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannan View Post


I just ordered a pair of the Coyle's as well. I was actually looking through the Alden page on their website this morning when I saw the banner advertising their sale. Can't beat a nice pair of boots at $299.

+1 for the CXL Coyle.  Those two-tones are something . . . terrible.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More