I've had it take 5 weeks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 5/24/15 at 10:23am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 9:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 7:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 9:37 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 373post #5581 of 136928/13/13 at 4:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5582 of 136928/13/13 at 8:13pmQuote:
You can call and ask if there is a bill too
Also for me DHL never charged me any duties for all my studiohomme orders ($300-400 range normally) but any shoe I ordered they have always charged if over $250post #5583 of 136928/14/13 at 2:10ampost #5584 of 136928/14/13 at 2:26ampost #5585 of 136928/14/13 at 8:14ampost #5586 of 136928/14/13 at 9:11amQuote:
The question isn't what the legit charges are. They should be around 8.5% plus whatever the carrier charges for brokerage fees.
The question is whether the sender fills out the customs form with accurate information and whether the customs broker correctly determines the charges.
If you get hit with an incorrect charge, there are hoops you can jump through to get it corrected. Whether that's worth it, it's up to you or you can just bitch about it on the interweb.post #5587 of 136928/14/13 at 10:31amQuote:
Hi Steel28, if you are in the Toronto area, we will take care of duties and shipping for you. Come by our shop and we can certainly arrange an MTO for you.post #5588 of 136928/14/13 at 10:40ampost #5589 of 136928/14/13 at 10:48ampost #5590 of 136928/14/13 at 10:56amFor Torontonians, I think Leatherfoot is an excellent option. He can deal with everything, including your sizing issues, and all you do is wait for a fine pair of shoes. The other upside is that in the event of a mistake on Carmina's part, you won't be on the hook for any money. Betty messed up my order, and, even though things got fixed, I was still out of pocket a considerable sum, something that would have been averted had I dealt with Leatherfoot.post #5591 of 136928/14/13 at 10:57ampost #5592 of 136928/14/13 at 11:01amQuote:
That is called fraud. And the penalties can be severe. And the business gets absolutely no benefit from this -- the benefit goes only to the buyer -- so the business would be putting itself in harm's way for no good reason.
Given that this fraud is easily detected, and there is nothing to be gained by the business other than exposure to penalties, no business with half a brain would do that. And most businesses would be highly - and correctly -- suspicious of someone who would ask them to do something so stupid.post #5593 of 136928/14/13 at 12:44pmpost #5594 of 136928/14/13 at 1:11pmQuote:Originally Posted by velomane
For Torontonians, I think Leatherfoot is an excellent option. He can deal with everything, including your sizing issues, and all you do is wait for a fine pair of shoes. The other upside is that in the event of a mistake on Carmina's part, you won't be on the hook for any money. Betty messed up my order, and, even though things got fixed, I was still out of pocket a considerable sum, something that would have been averted had I dealt with Leatherfoot.post #5595 of 136928/14/13 at 1:21pmQuote:
I reread my post and it was unduly harsh. I apologize for that. It was unnecessary. For reasons I won't go into the post touched a nerve, but that does not matter. Again, my apologies.
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 27 seconds ago
- › Oliver Peoples Connolly Sunglasses [Unused] 1 minute ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 16 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 26 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...