I've had it take 5 weeks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 3/31/15 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 6:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 10:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Yesterday at 1:42 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 373
Styleforum Top Picks
You can call and ask if there is a bill too
Also for me DHL never charged me any duties for all my studiohomme orders ($300-400 range normally) but any shoe I ordered they have always charged if over $250
The question isn't what the legit charges are. They should be around 8.5% plus whatever the carrier charges for brokerage fees.
The question is whether the sender fills out the customs form with accurate information and whether the customs broker correctly determines the charges.
If you get hit with an incorrect charge, there are hoops you can jump through to get it corrected. Whether that's worth it, it's up to you or you can just bitch about it on the interweb.
Hi Steel28, if you are in the Toronto area, we will take care of duties and shipping for you. Come by our shop and we can certainly arrange an MTO for you.
That is called fraud. And the penalties can be severe. And the business gets absolutely no benefit from this -- the benefit goes only to the buyer -- so the business would be putting itself in harm's way for no good reason.
Given that this fraud is easily detected, and there is nothing to be gained by the business other than exposure to penalties, no business with half a brain would do that. And most businesses would be highly - and correctly -- suspicious of someone who would ask them to do something so stupid.
For Torontonians, I think Leatherfoot is an excellent option. He can deal with everything, including your sizing issues, and all you do is wait for a fine pair of shoes. The other upside is that in the event of a mistake on Carmina's part, you won't be on the hook for any money. Betty messed up my order, and, even though things got fixed, I was still out of pocket a considerable sum, something that would have been averted had I dealt with Leatherfoot.
Agree completely. And the Leatherfoot peeps are first rate in every respect.
I reread my post and it was unduly harsh. I apologize for that. It was unnecessary. For reasons I won't go into the post touched a nerve, but that does not matter. Again, my apologies.
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 17 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 56 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR... 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Mad Men: Final Season 5 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan