Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 5/24/15 at 10:23am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 5:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 8:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:36pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 372post #5566 of 136528/13/13 at 3:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5567 of 136528/13/13 at 3:52ampost #5568 of 136528/13/13 at 4:01amQuote:
If it was shipped DHL, my advice is to be ready to bend over and definitely bring your own lube.post #5569 of 136528/13/13 at 4:36ampost #5570 of 136528/13/13 at 4:53amQuote:post #5571 of 136528/13/13 at 5:37amQuote:Originally Posted by RogerP
Worth asking. The last two shipments I have had from DHL I got MASSIVELY screwed on the duties. Like CDN$200 owing on a pair of shoes with a stated (and actual) value of GBP 160. You can always refuse delivery. But if you try to fight the assessment, DHL will just ask you to bend over again. I won't have anything shipped by them ever again. In my experience, trackable postal delivery takesa little longer, but 9 times out of 10 comes through with no duties assessed at all.
My experience with DHL/Carmina too. In fact, I still can't sit because it hurts so much, $200 as well. As suggested, beg Betty to try the postal system. Let us know if she obliges, otherwise I can't see myself ordering from her again.post #5572 of 136528/13/13 at 5:58amQuote:
I love these. Can you give us some details?
Are these Gator or Croc?
Which Store did you buy them at?
Thanks!post #5573 of 136528/13/13 at 10:30amQuote:
Well, the only other option that Betty agreed is Fedexpost #5574 of 136528/13/13 at 10:53amQuote:Originally Posted by RogerP
Is that a charge from DHL? I can't believe that the actual customs/duties would be that high. I certainly don't mind paying the statutory rate on imported goods such as these (I live in the US and have purchased directly from Carmina) and paid duties but they haven't included any kind of "mark up" from the carrier.post #5575 of 136528/13/13 at 11:30ampost #5576 of 136528/13/13 at 11:45amQuote:
Yup, all DHL, though most of it goes to the government. As my trucker friend puts it (he crosses the Can/US border all the time): US Customs: it's about protecting the country. Canada Customs: how much money can we take from the guy.post #5577 of 136528/13/13 at 12:00pmpost #5578 of 136528/13/13 at 12:55pmpost #5579 of 136528/13/13 at 1:33pmQuote:
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
- › Any hotel recommendations for Singapore and Bali? 18 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › Any good online store for my wife? 23 minutes ago
- › T5 is a dud. Arnie should just retire. 25 minutes ago
- › Fattique Baby's tweets are part smart, part retarded and all laugh... 27 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 33 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 36 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 41 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 43 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...