or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 354

post #5296 of 9494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post


Suede dub monk on the Simpson sounds cool, not sure about the Dainite sole tho. What color suede were you thinking?

 

I am thinking of brown suede. Light or dark is fine.

 

The reason why i am thinking of Dainite sole is because it is really durable and this makes its a good pair of shoes for traveling. Rain or shine, no worriesicon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

What do you think?

post #5297 of 9494

 

Some additional pictures of our Carmina cordovan sale models.  nod[1].gif

post #5298 of 9494
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post

   spiegel skillz.   the combo is just meh ! ! ! !

Reminds me of hunting boots.
post #5299 of 9494
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post


Photoshop-Fu to the rescue:

 

worship.gif

post #5300 of 9494
I where size twelve in Rain. What size in Oscar or Robert? I'd go for the navy shell.
post #5301 of 9494
Quote:
Originally Posted by loro piana View Post

I where size twelve in Rain. What size in Oscar or Robert? I'd go for the navy shell.

+1 for navy

post #5302 of 9494

We will go with Navy for sure.  Here are some pictures of our Oscar last boots to give you an idea of the shape.  Robert has a slightly square toe but no sizing difference between them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #5303 of 9494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinbmx View Post

I am thinking of brown suede. Light or dark is fine.

The reason why i am thinking of Dainite sole is because it is really durable and this makes its a good pair of shoes for traveling. Rain or shine, no worriesicon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif


What do you think?

I would go for a Tomir rubber sole, a little more dressy. But there's one drawback in using Carmina as travel shoes (at least if you're passing through security) and that's that they use metal shanks. Many English makers (EG, G&G etc) use wooden shanks.
post #5304 of 9494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post


But there's one drawback in using Carmina as travel shoes (at least if you're passing through security) and that's that they use metal shanks. 

 

Does this mean they stop you and take you to a little room on the side?

post #5305 of 9494
Alden uses metal shanks as well and they have never triggered any problems with security for me.
post #5306 of 9494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Does this mean they stop you and take you to a little room on the side?

In countries where you remove your shoes before going through the detected it should mean nothing: you have to remove your shies whether the shank is metal, wood, or there is no shank. For security less tight than at an airport - such as courthouses - the metal shank sets off the sensor and you get stopped and examined by sensing wand. Belt buckles can did thus too. My aldens always - always- set off security sensors causing me to be wanded. I woukd love to gey cordovan dress shies without metal shanks to wear fir business and travelccausing me to be sanded.
post #5307 of 9494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

I would go for a Tomir rubber sole, a little more dressy. But there's one drawback in using Carmina as travel shoes (at least if you're passing through security) and that's that they use metal shanks. Many English makers (EG, G&G etc) use wooden shanks.

I have to disagree here: Carmina's have never triggered TSA screening here in the USA even in pre-check where I no longer have to take off my shoes.

My Alden's however always set off the alarm with their metal shank, which has now made me stop traveling with them.

That holds true for the U.S. YMMV in Europe and elsewhere.
post #5308 of 9494

 

 

Incoming Carmina Stock at LeatherFoot

-

Following are the models we are expecting to arrive mid-August. 

To reserve your size, please email us at info@leatherfoot.com.

-

80092 - Ante Calf Marron - Robert Last

10027 - Ante Calf Loden - Rain Last, Crepe Sole

10027 - Ante Calf Marino - Rain Last

80246 - Ante Calf Noix - Rain Last

80246 - Grein Marron - Rain Last

910 - Cordovan Marino - Rain Last

80156 - Cordovan Marino - Rain Last

80156 - Cordovan Cognac - Rain Last

-

post #5309 of 9494
Quote:
Originally Posted by unipair guy View Post

We will go with Navy for sure.  Here are some pictures of our Oscar last boots to give you an idea of the shape.  Robert has a slightly square toe but no sizing difference between them.

















Robert last will be killer looking on this style,
post #5310 of 9494
recent purchase-
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More