Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- itemPreventi - SUEDE CHUKKA BOOTStagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 10:52 am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 - 2015 Last post on Today at 1:49 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 1:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 7:45 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 309
Styleforum Top Picks
I've got AS Ramsey on 99, Carmina single monks on Simpson, and Carmina dub munks on Inca.
What's your question?
I find the 99 and Inca fit my feet better, but my feet aren't your feet.
Since the AS is $100 less than the Carminas you're looking at, I'd go with AS.
Thanks for your comments. I was primarily interested in a quality and longevity comparison between the brands. Does Carmina warrant the extra $100 in this case.
Longevity or durability really isn't a factor generally when comparing most goodyear welted shoes over the $300 mark. I really can't expect a pair of John Lobbs to last any longer than a pair of Allen Edmonds if they are both cared for properly. True some manufactures may use some better materials than others, but this is also true when they differentiate between their benchgrade and handgrade line of shoes. However this does not tend to affect the overall durability one way or the other with regards to various shoes.
Fit should be your first concern as some Lasts by some manufactures will not fit you as good as others. If the shoe doesn't fit then those pair of John Lobbs won't get worn no matter how much you paid for.
Is the shoe in the style I am looking for?
Is the shoe as pleasing to my eye as it is to my feet?
I agree with most of this. At that point, it's whatever you think fits better. Or whatever is local. Spending more for local is worth it in case you need to return, in my opinion.
I do love Carmina but AS isn't stepping down by any means. If you post you're wearing AS, you won't be getting shit.
eta: I know Wisith has both AS double monks and Carmina double monks. His screen name is... wj4... or w4j...? He posts in the Epaulet thread.
Hasn't there been talk about that forever? Do you already have 6? PM around and see what interest you have, then take it to one of the manymanymany Carmina resellers. I haven't done an MTO with Epaulet just because it's so confusing in the thread and they get behind. I've done it with Skoak who is great and GFW which is great and local to Cali.
there are a vast array of offerings and options. Email them directly.........
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
Styleforum Top Picks
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 28 seconds ago
- › How do these blazers fit on me? 36 seconds ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren RRL Stone Slim Officer Standard Chino Pant 29 x 30 NWT 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...