Simpson 10085... because I have them sitting on the floor
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 5/24/15 at 10:23am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 5:30 am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 5:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:36pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 297
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4442 of 136046/15/13 at 5:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry NelsonQuote:
You can also look up the model if it's not stated on the box. Have you got the farfetch link?
E.g. http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/carmina-shoemaker-suede-loafer-item-10277061.aspx?storeid=9269 shows the Brand Style Id as 80191 under Composition and Care.
A search for "carmina 80191" brings up the Uetam penny loafer.
I bought the cordovan split toe monks from Far Fetch.
They're listed as style 80180 which is supposed to be on the Simpson last.
However what I received was style 80180 on the Rain.post #4443 of 136046/15/13 at 6:23am
Carmina have those as being on the Simpson - http://www.carminashoemaker.com/web/hom/coleccion_modelo_detalle.php?lang=eng&dist=g&id_col=21&id_mod=83&id_modFull=0,70,217,86,85,84,83,81,80,79,78,77,76,75,74,73,71,262
I'm also looking at the available shoes on the Rain last at http://www.carminashoemaker.com/web/hom/coleccion_cajas.php?lang=eng&dist=h&id_col=17 and don't see anything like it.post #4444 of 136046/15/13 at 8:52ampost #4445 of 136046/15/13 at 9:16ampost #4446 of 136046/15/13 at 9:18ampost #4447 of 136046/15/13 at 9:42ampost #4448 of 136046/15/13 at 10:21am
The burgundy shell shoes I received were more of a Horween #8, like the Alden shoes. The cognac shell in double monk was dark. I actually wanted to get a pair of saddle shell double monks, but the MTO price was equivalent of being able to get 2 pairs instead of just 1. The only way I could see resolving the color issue is Betty sending a sample cuts to the MTO organizer and then they would be able to decide. Aero leather jacket manufacturer actually sent me 5-6 samples of the various Steerhide and horsehide samples.post #4449 of 136046/15/13 at 12:17pm
Great looking boots!Quote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
I just got these Carmina derby boots in burgundy shell cordovan and I must say they are some of the most beautiful boots I own!post #4450 of 136046/15/13 at 12:45pmpost #4451 of 136046/15/13 at 2:19pm
Question: I need help with Carmina last and sizing. I have a pair of Carmina balmoral boots on the Forest last in UK6.5 wide. I am interested in some lace-ups that Carmina makes on the rain and inca lasts. I would appreciate any advice as to how the forest last compares size-wise - and primarily in width, since that seems to be the major sizing factor with European shoes -- to the rain and inca lasts. Also does anyone know if rain and inca lasts have variable widths available as, apparently, the forest last does. Thank you.post #4452 of 136046/15/13 at 3:49pmpost #4453 of 136046/15/13 at 5:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by aldenwear
Question: I need help with Carmina last and sizing. I have a pair of Carmina balmoral boots on the Forest last in UK6.5 wide. I am interested in some lace-ups that Carmina makes on the rain and inca lasts. I would appreciate any advice as to how the forest last compares size-wise - and primarily in width, since that seems to be the major sizing factor with European shoes -- to the rain and inca lasts. Also does anyone know if rain and inca lasts have variable widths available as, apparently, the forest last does. Thank you.
I don't think the Rain and Inca are available in wide fittings.
The Rain and Inca feel wider than the regular width Forest.post #4454 of 136046/15/13 at 5:41pm
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › New NWT $1,750 Gucci Blue Acuquarium Washed Cotton Duke Jacket Sz 40r 5 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan Proxy via Sprout2 (RTW/MTO/MTM) 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...