or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 287

post #4291 of 9773

Great monks, Jagger. I've enjoyed my caramel calf/snuff suede pairs, but admittedly they don't get worn too often when the weather is boot-friendly.

 

Do you wear yours unbuckled? I've liked the look of having the top buckle undone when I wore them that way a few times.

post #4292 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by velomane View Post


I think that would bother me too. Is that calf or shell? Perhaps you should send a message to Betty along with a pic to see what she has to say about it.

 

I bought a brown carmina derby from SKAB that had a similar blemish on the side. I just polished over it a couple of times and they are fine. I am sure if you insist Betty will ask you to send them back and do an exchange (but I hear it is a complicated process with the spanish customs and takes some time). Plus you will pay for shipping. I hate returning stuff for the same reason. 

post #4293 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

I bought a brown carmina derby from SKAB that had a similar blemish on the side. I just polished over it a couple of times and they are fine. I am sure if you insist Betty will ask you to send them back and do an exchange (but I hear it is a complicated process with the spanish customs and takes some time). Plus you will pay for shipping. I hate returning stuff for the same reason. 
Thanks. Was the blemish removed or was it concealed by the polishing? My concern is that because my shoes aren't really dark, it'll be difficult to conceal assuming the mark is permanent.
post #4294 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by diglett View Post

Great monks, Jagger. I've enjoyed my caramel calf/snuff suede pairs, but admittedly they don't get worn too often when the weather is boot-friendly.

Do you wear yours unbuckled? I've liked the look of having the top buckle undone when I wore them that way a few times.

It's not something I've tried although I was thinking about doing it for a date I'm going on tonight and rolling my trousers up a little. The problem I have is that I have such a narrow foot and a low instep that I'm on the third button hole on the bottom buckle and I've already sized down a half size from my proper size that I fear it would just keep slipping off my foot unfortunately. I'd really like a pair of the snuff suede ones too, they look like they'd be awesome for the summer.
post #4295 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas0nt View Post


Thanks. Was the blemish removed or was it concealed by the polishing? My concern is that because my shoes aren't really dark, it'll be difficult to conceal assuming the mark is permanent.

I doubt it was removed, just concealed...I used a slightly darker brown polish....And yes, my shoes were darker than yours so it wasn't so tough.

post #4296 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagger_On View Post


It's not something I've tried although I was thinking about doing it for a date I'm going on tonight and rolling my trousers up a little. The problem I have is that I have such a narrow foot and a low instep that I'm on the third button hole on the bottom buckle and I've already sized down a half size from my proper size that I fear it would just keep slipping off my foot unfortunately. I'd really like a pair of the snuff suede ones too, they look like they'd be awesome for the summer.

That could definitely be an issue; I've noticed a fair deal of slipping when I wear them unbuckled. It would probably be easier with heavy winter socks, but I think the whole look would just seem out of place during colder weather.

post #4297 of 9773
For those of you who have returned shoes to Carmina for a replacement pair, have you asked Betty to give the new parcel a value of zero, as they are a customer replacement? Any customs issues at all with the new pair? Canadians, feel free to speak up, as that's where I am.

Unfortunately, I had to return a pair of chukkas this week, as they were built on the wrong last. I was just a little pissed to see that.
post #4298 of 9773

Needed some summer suitable shoes but since my shoe wardrobe is still lacking I wanted something more versatile than spectators or summer loafers... so got a pair of tan wingtips in the Forest last:

 

post #4299 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

Needed some summer suitable shoes but since my shoe wardrobe is still lacking I wanted something more versatile than spectators or summer loafers... so got a pair of tan wingtips in the Forest last:



Very nice choice.
post #4300 of 9773

 

These fit so well. Blue suede probably isn't SF approved. I couldn't give a damn this time.

post #4301 of 9773
Those look sweet. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #4302 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post



Blue suede rocks!
These fit so well. Blue suede probably isn't SF approved. I couldn't give a damn this time.
post #4303 of 9773
Those blue suede loafers are awesome. Did you get them directly from Carmina? Is the color reasonably accurate? I ask because in other pictures I've seen they've been much lighter.
post #4304 of 9773
Got them from skoak. They're dark.. the picture is a little darker but they're not far off. I love how dark they are.
post #4305 of 9773
amyzyzyg.jpg

This is accurate..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More