or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 277

post #4141 of 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor View Post

Broke out the navy shell single monks today.



It's a little overcast so you can't really see the blue hues in the shell. I may try to get another outdoor pic later this afternoon.

Smart looking pair of monks. Again, as you elluded to, the shoe has retained it's color particularly well for navy shell. I've seen Duckie brown shell (from Horween) and most have a noticeablu green/turquoise tinge to them
post #4142 of 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Dark navy shell is the most versatile color for a shoe and I think most all owners would agree. Initally, i was worried that over time the color would fade to a lighter blue with green hues but the navy is as dark as the first wear

How much more versatile is a navy shoe than a dark brown shoe? No disrespect, as I am obviously nowhere near as well versed in style as you, but I would think that a brown shoe is more versatile than navy. And if not more versatile, it'd look better on more outfits than the navy does.

 

eg: "Navy looks alright on all 10 of those outfits, but the brown looks fan-fucking-tastic on 8 of them."

 

The problem with green and navy (again, more applied to the green than navy) is that, while I agree it looks alright with certain color pants, I have no idea how to match them with the rest of the outfit unless it's a suit. If it's an odd jacket, I'm not sure what combinations look good with green or navy.

 

My favorite color for shoes is burgundy so far. Hence this MTO and my only other past MTO. It seems pretty damn versatile.

 

And I say again: No disrespect, merely stating a point of view and would love input.

 

ETA: I do have blue suede string loafers for casual outfits. I think they'll look great with cream pants, navy sports (patterned and unpetterned), coats and many shirts. Maybe even brown/tan sports coats. As long as they don't stand out a tremendous amount.

post #4143 of 9598

 

 

Navy in the sun.  Each of these models arrived at different times so you can see slight variations in darkness.

 

And this is the one we are trying to put together for our MTO.

post #4144 of 9598

   should we be comparing navy as an alternative to brown or to black ?  ALL colors work at one time or another

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

How much more versatile is a navy shoe than a dark brown shoe? No disrespect, as I am obviously nowhere near as well versed in style as you, but I would think that a brown shoe is more versatile than navy. And if not more versatile, it'd look better on more outfits than the navy does.

 

eg: "Navy looks alright on all 10 of those outfits, but the brown looks fan-fucking-tastic on 8 of them."

post #4145 of 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by unipair guy View Post

 

 

Navy in the sun.  Each of these models arrived at different times so you can see slight variations in darkness.

 

And this is the one we are trying to put together for our MTO.

 

 

How much is the MTO? I just picked up some midnight navy wholecuts and they are great- thinking of getting this boot as it looks "bluer" than the midnight navy.

post #4146 of 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasricher View Post

 

 

How much is the MTO? I just picked up some midnight navy wholecuts and they are great- thinking of getting this boot as it looks "bluer" than the midnight navy.


The boot will be $900 and free shipping.  We can't promise the boot will come out as blue as the picture but that is what we are hoping for.  If I can help with any other questions please let me know.

post #4147 of 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post

   should we be comparing navy as an alternative to brown or to black ?  ALL colors work at one time or another

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

How much more versatile is a navy shoe than a dark brown shoe? No disrespect, as I am obviously nowhere near as well versed in style as you, but I would think that a brown shoe is more versatile than navy. And if not more versatile, it'd look better on more outfits than the navy does.

 

eg: "Navy looks alright on all 10 of those outfits, but the brown looks fan-fucking-tastic on 8 of them."


Not as an alternate. I'm comparing versatility.
post #4148 of 9598

Whoa, thanks for all the great responses.  I'm glad I sought the forum's expertise on the versatility of the navy monk, although my wallet won't be tomorrow!  I've got a good selection of staples (black, walnuts, dark brown, and burgundy), so I think a navy double monk will be a good addition.

 

NAMOR - Your tumblr basically sealed the deal.  The navy shell looks outstanding with each of those combos.  

post #4149 of 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post


Not as an alternate. I'm comparing versatility.

 

   got it.  i've enough brown / tan & thought a navy would be good for my rotation of dressed down & up casual

   i think it's right up there with burgundy / rioja for a breath of versatile fresh air . . . . not to be confused with virtual

   the burnished burgundy carmina is going to be a killer look. i would be all over it if i didn't have one very similar that i'm aging

post #4150 of 9598
Aah. I can agree to a nice change of pace, for sure. I almost got some monks in navy but I'm starting to like other shoes more than monks for navy.
post #4151 of 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

when are you guys getting some shell boots??? biggrin.gif

We're sticking with our Balmoral boot in Cognac Cordovan (restock in September). Cordovan is picking up slowly in Sweden so maybe we can stock more Cordovan boots in the future, but for now we only have the Cognac bal boot, a split toe in Saddle, a wingtip and a penny loafer in Burgundy and later this fall a longwing in Cognac.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpanther View Post

Sounds good to me, does the price include shoe trees?

Shoe trees are 640 SEK extra, made in Northampton, available in four colours: Acorn, Forest, Cherry and Cloud.
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjester View Post

Aah. I can agree to a nice change of pace, for sure. I almost got some monks in navy but I'm starting to like other shoes more than monks for navy.

I have a pair of Decos in Racing Green and very rarely use them, IMO coloured shoes are much more "wearable" if they're in suede, like the Loden green and Navy green offered by Carmina. That said, those Navy shell ones further up in the thread looks bloody marvelous.
post #4152 of 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

We're sticking with our Balmoral boot in Cognac Cordovan (restock in September). Cordovan is picking up slowly in Sweden so maybe we can stock more Cordovan boots in the future, but for now we only have the Cognac bal boot, a split toe in Saddle, a wingtip and a penny loafer in Burgundy and later this fall a longwing in Cognac.

these right?

post #4153 of 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Six View Post

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy extra boot-sized bags from Carmina? I recently reorganized my shoes to store many of them in their bags and boxes and found that a pair shipped with shoe-sized bags. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have bags that fit.

 

My boots also came with bags that don't really fit them - I think they must use the same ones for all shoes/boots, or we both got short changed!

post #4154 of 9598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

Mrjester mentioned to me he would like to run this through as at Skoaktiebolaget. The price will be approx. $455 (2720 SEK +300 SEK shipping) shipped to the US (or anywhere outside the EU for that matter).

We'd love to do this model for you guys, let me know if you need any further assistance from me.
I have to pop in to you and try the Simpson again Leaves. Rain fit me perfect though. The model is great!
post #4155 of 9598
^ you lucky bastard: you live so close to skoak, and the weather this time of year isnt deathly cold
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More