Well AS exclusives go for around 500 and are pretty close to CJ hand grade. Vass is top value
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 3:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 5:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Today at 12:59 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:40 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 254
Styleforum Top Picks
Anyone know anything about the Deia last? I don't see a whole lot of makeups using that last. I'm mainly curious about what it's dimensions are like relative to the other lasts. Based on the the navy dubs that Unipair guy posted, it looks to be a rather attractive last to my eye.
I just got a pair of the navy dub monks on the Deia - they are narrow, that's for sure. I have a pair of dub monks on the Inca last. For reference I have a 7.5 (UK) in the Inca and an 8 in the Deia. The Deia are tighter on my feet than the Inca that is for sure. If I was going to wear these with anything but the thinnest of socks, or sockless the 8 UK in the Deia would've been too small. I'll post a photo when I get home comparing Deia to Inca (that's the only comparison I have sorry)
I only have Inca, but from what I've heard, Simpson is by far the sleekest, to the point that most people size up by 0.5 from their usual Carmina size.
FYI - From the Carmina Sizing thread.
Inca - Widest last and waist for wide feet (EE width)
Rain - Like the Inca but with a chisel toe (EE width)
Soller - A boot last like Robert, fits like a double E.
Forest - Standard width with round toe (E width)
Uetam - Similar to Forest but a shade narrower (E width)
Robert - Like the Simpson but more room in the toe box (E width)
Queen - an E width, similar to Alcudia but shorter
Alcudia - Like the Simpson but with Almond toe (E width)
Simpson - Narrow with chiseled toe, extended toe box (E width)
Link to which ones you're talking about? Most are on the Uetam last but some are on the Simpson.
If it's Simpson, a half size down would work if the Inca isn't that snug and you have wiggle room.
Also, the Simpson doesn't look Italian to me. I see a difference now between other shoemakers and the Simpson last.
On a side note, if anyone sees any Carmina Uetam Brown String Loafers (not snuff but the darker brown, and no please no tassels) in 10 or 10.5UK, please let me know. The armoury has them at about $120 more than Skoak once did but Skoak doesn't carry them. As long as they're around $450 shipped, I'm down to get them.
The Skoak shipment was $438 for my Snuff Suede ones. The Armoury says they have them but at a $550 price range, before shipping. I love them but not that much, not when I see what they could cost. :-(
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
Styleforum Top Picks
- › What are you drinking right now? 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 6 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in usa 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 10 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 18 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 23 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...