Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- itemPreventi - SUEDE CHUKKA BOOTStagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 3:46 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 - 2015 Last post on Today at 10:14 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 10:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 3:14 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 247
Styleforum Top Picks
I think we have four for this MTO. I sent out a PM to the other 3 parties interested.
Erskine Hawkins, I didn't include you as they can only make MTO's virtually the same, which means they can't make some on the Rain and some on the Simpson. I do have some Carmina Rand Double Monks on Rain (Edit: It's actually Inca but it's nearly the same thing I hear, except the toe box is higher) that fit great. They're a 10.5UK. I have some Uetam loafers coming hopefully at the beginning of next week, which fits similar to the Simpson. I sized half a size up from the posts I read. I'll be adjusting the fit of my MTO based on how the Uetam fits.
My loafers shipped to the US were $453.14 after the conversion. About $45 of that was shipping and that's after the VAT discount (20% deducted for non-EU residence). The Adelaides are the same price.
Carmina Burgundy Adelaide, more like deep red (GREAT color)
3400 SEK (2720 ex VAT, approx $420)
Shipping 300SEK ($45ish USA)
I won't post about it much longer, don't want to spam the thread. But if you post or PM that you're interested, that'd be great.
Edit: We are able to proceed with the order with the number we have. I am collecting buyer information now. Speak now or forever hold your peace..
I will need your paypal email address, delivery address and UK Simpson Size. PM me with all that if you are sure you want in.
Edited by mrjester - 4/3/13 at 11:22am
I had my first exposure to the brand yesterday when checking out Toronto's new (and as far as I can figure, only) high end shoe store, LeatherFoot in Yorkville. I've loved the pics I've seen in this thread and elsewhere, but of course there is no substitute for seeing, handling and trying on a broad cross section of the product line.
The bad news for my wallet, I discovered a previously unknown but appararently accute need for a pair of midnight blue wholecuts in shell:
Had fun checking out the G&G and St. Crispins as well. Will post up some more Carminas from the visit later on.
I'm afraid of all that salt and chemicals that was dissolved in the snow during winter, when it melts the water becomes an acid.
My other boots are sno-sealed except these Carminas, also I don't like the behavior of the leather soles on the wet snow and ice.
Thanks dude! Everyone was like wow those are bright. They were really hard to walk with the shaft being so stiff (laugh away) but after a while they were super comfortable.
Namor what you gonna buy out there and where else you visiting?
French Riveira on Monday followed by Italy, then Hungary, Paris, Belgium, Amsterdam?, London, Northampton (slayer)
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
Styleforum Top Picks
- › How many miles did you run today? 37 seconds ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › Rimowa Salsa Air - Anyone Have Any Experience/Know Anything about... 8 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 10 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 10 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 16 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE March 6th - SHOW US YOUR ODD WAISTCOAT 18 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...