Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 3/31/15 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Yesterday at 8:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 2:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Yesterday at 8:11 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 247
Styleforum Top Picks
I think we have four for this MTO. I sent out a PM to the other 3 parties interested.
Erskine Hawkins, I didn't include you as they can only make MTO's virtually the same, which means they can't make some on the Rain and some on the Simpson. I do have some Carmina Rand Double Monks on Rain (Edit: It's actually Inca but it's nearly the same thing I hear, except the toe box is higher) that fit great. They're a 10.5UK. I have some Uetam loafers coming hopefully at the beginning of next week, which fits similar to the Simpson. I sized half a size up from the posts I read. I'll be adjusting the fit of my MTO based on how the Uetam fits.
My loafers shipped to the US were $453.14 after the conversion. About $45 of that was shipping and that's after the VAT discount (20% deducted for non-EU residence). The Adelaides are the same price.
Carmina Burgundy Adelaide, more like deep red (GREAT color)
3400 SEK (2720 ex VAT, approx $420)
Shipping 300SEK ($45ish USA)
I won't post about it much longer, don't want to spam the thread. But if you post or PM that you're interested, that'd be great.
Edit: We are able to proceed with the order with the number we have. I am collecting buyer information now. Speak now or forever hold your peace..
I will need your paypal email address, delivery address and UK Simpson Size. PM me with all that if you are sure you want in.
Edited by mrjester - 4/3/13 at 11:22am
I had my first exposure to the brand yesterday when checking out Toronto's new (and as far as I can figure, only) high end shoe store, LeatherFoot in Yorkville. I've loved the pics I've seen in this thread and elsewhere, but of course there is no substitute for seeing, handling and trying on a broad cross section of the product line.
The bad news for my wallet, I discovered a previously unknown but appararently accute need for a pair of midnight blue wholecuts in shell:
Had fun checking out the G&G and St. Crispins as well. Will post up some more Carminas from the visit later on.
I'm afraid of all that salt and chemicals that was dissolved in the snow during winter, when it melts the water becomes an acid.
My other boots are sno-sealed except these Carminas, also I don't like the behavior of the leather soles on the wet snow and ice.
Thanks dude! Everyone was like wow those are bright. They were really hard to walk with the shaft being so stiff (laugh away) but after a while they were super comfortable.
Namor what you gonna buy out there and where else you visiting?
French Riveira on Monday followed by Italy, then Hungary, Paris, Belgium, Amsterdam?, London, Northampton (slayer)
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
Styleforum Top Picks
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 37 seconds ago
- › Quality mens shoes under $500 37 seconds ago
- › Hickey freeman suits 56 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 22 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan