Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 5/24/15 at 10:23am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 1:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 8:59 am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:36pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 247
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3692 of 136274/3/13 at 7:08amQuote:Originally Posted by derekli
I think we have four for this MTO. I sent out a PM to the other 3 parties interested.
Erskine Hawkins, I didn't include you as they can only make MTO's virtually the same, which means they can't make some on the Rain and some on the Simpson. I do have some Carmina Rand Double Monks on Rain (Edit: It's actually Inca but it's nearly the same thing I hear, except the toe box is higher) that fit great. They're a 10.5UK. I have some Uetam loafers coming hopefully at the beginning of next week, which fits similar to the Simpson. I sized half a size up from the posts I read. I'll be adjusting the fit of my MTO based on how the Uetam fits.
My loafers shipped to the US were $453.14 after the conversion. About $45 of that was shipping and that's after the VAT discount (20% deducted for non-EU residence). The Adelaides are the same price.
Carmina Burgundy Adelaide, more like deep red (GREAT color)
3400 SEK (2720 ex VAT, approx $420)
Shipping 300SEK ($45ish USA)
I won't post about it much longer, don't want to spam the thread. But if you post or PM that you're interested, that'd be great.
Edit: We are able to proceed with the order with the number we have. I am collecting buyer information now. Speak now or forever hold your peace..
I will need your paypal email address, delivery address and UK Simpson Size. PM me with all that if you are sure you want in.
Edited by mrjester - 4/3/13 at 11:22ampost #3693 of 136274/3/13 at 8:40ampost #3694 of 136274/3/13 at 10:16ampost #3695 of 136274/3/13 at 10:18ampost #3696 of 136274/3/13 at 12:22pm
I had my first exposure to the brand yesterday when checking out Toronto's new (and as far as I can figure, only) high end shoe store, LeatherFoot in Yorkville. I've loved the pics I've seen in this thread and elsewhere, but of course there is no substitute for seeing, handling and trying on a broad cross section of the product line.
The bad news for my wallet, I discovered a previously unknown but appararently accute need for a pair of midnight blue wholecuts in shell:
Had fun checking out the G&G and St. Crispins as well. Will post up some more Carminas from the visit later on.post #3697 of 136274/3/13 at 2:04pmpost #3698 of 136274/3/13 at 2:36pmpost #3699 of 136274/3/13 at 3:13pmpost #3700 of 136274/3/13 at 3:17pmpost #3701 of 136274/3/13 at 10:12pm
I'm afraid of all that salt and chemicals that was dissolved in the snow during winter, when it melts the water becomes an acid.
My other boots are sno-sealed except these Carminas, also I don't like the behavior of the leather soles on the wet snow and ice.post #3702 of 136274/3/13 at 10:15pmQuote:
Thanks dude! Everyone was like wow those are bright. They were really hard to walk with the shaft being so stiff (laugh away) but after a while they were super comfortable.
Namor what you gonna buy out there and where else you visiting?post #3703 of 136274/5/13 at 10:53ampost #3704 of 136274/5/13 at 12:54pmpost #3705 of 136274/5/13 at 12:58pmQuote:
French Riveira on Monday followed by Italy, then Hungary, Paris, Belgium, Amsterdam?, London, Northampton (slayer)
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 17 seconds ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 1 minute ago
- › RAW denim crotch wear out 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 7 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 11 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 13 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 25 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...