or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 24

post #346 of 9513
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

263
stay tuned

square shaped boxes are the best!
post #347 of 9513
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Nice going, sinned.
post #348 of 9513
sinnedk - you should get about 30 years of good wear out of those! enjoy!
post #349 of 9513
Guys 9uk on 341 last, what size in alcudia? Thanks.
post #350 of 9513
Went by the store in Barcelona today and left with these ... Wanted a oxford suede shoe and have been looking at some C&J but i don´t like the color of the suede most of them have. Really like the Belgrave but i have a hard time paying that kind of money for a suede shoe. These were 310 euro, perfekt price for a shoe that you want to beat up. The rubber sole really makes them versatile.

One strange thing... i bought these in size 7E but when i was in Palma two month ago i tried several pair and decided that 7.5E was my size in Carmina. Now i tried the DM in Phila last, one oxford in dark brown suede (like the ones Spoo have) and 7E was perfect in all of them....strange.

467
More pics (Click to show)
263
263
post #351 of 9513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

Went by the store in Barcelona today and left with these ... Wanted a oxford suede shoe and have been looking at some C&J but i don´t like the color of the suede most of them have. Really like the Belgrave but i have a hard time paying that kind of money for a suede shoe. These were 310 euro, perfekt price for a shoe that you want to beat up. The rubber sole really makes them versatile.
One strange thing... i bought these in size 7E but when i was in Palma two month ago i tried several pair and decided that 7.5E was my size in Carmina. Now i tried the DM in Phila last, one oxford in dark brown suede (like the ones Spoo have) and 7E was perfect in all of them....strange.

Very nice shoes. Slightly off topic (and does not detract from the shoes themselves) but I'm a little unclear of the functionality of rubber soles designed for wet weather on a suede dress shoe. Wouldn't you want to avoid wearing these shoes in the rain?
post #352 of 9513
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_horton View Post

Very nice shoes. Slightly off topic (and does not detract from the shoes themselves) but I'm a little unclear of the functionality of rubber soles designed for wet weather on a suede dress shoe. Wouldn't you want to avoid wearing these shoes in the rain?

Of course i don´t wear suede shoes if it´s raining hard but i think this sole is great if you live in a place were the ground is wet from rain frequently and have gravel during/after winter (like sweden smile.gif )
I use a spray on my suede shoes to waterproof them and this works really good, so i rather get stuck in rain with my suede shoes than my leater shoes,
post #353 of 9513
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_horton View Post

Very nice shoes. Slightly off topic (and does not detract from the shoes themselves) but I'm a little unclear of the functionality of rubber soles designed for wet weather on a suede dress shoe. Wouldn't you want to avoid wearing these shoes in the rain?

no. why?
post #354 of 9513
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post


Particularly against shell, correct - the point (to me) of a whole cut is to have clean lines, a seamless look. Shell will roll and be discordant to that idea, which would piss me off every time I looked down.

looking at sinnedk pics, i doubt it...
post #355 of 9513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

Went by the store in Barcelona today and left with these ... Wanted a oxford suede shoe and have been looking at some C&J but i don´t like the color of the suede most of them have. Really like the Belgrave but i have a hard time paying that kind of money for a suede shoe. These were 310 euro, perfekt price for a shoe that you want to beat up. The rubber sole really makes them versatile.
One strange thing... i bought these in size 7E but when i was in Palma two month ago i tried several pair and decided that 7.5E was my size in Carmina. Now i tried the DM in Phila last, one oxford in dark brown suede (like the ones Spoo have) and 7E was perfect in all of them....strange.
467 More pics (Click to show)
263
263

Those are PHAT! I love the rubber half sole on those shoes!

Bmac
post #356 of 9513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

Of course i don´t wear suede shoes if it´s raining hard but i think this sole is great if you live in a place were the ground is wet from rain frequently and have gravel during/after winter (like sweden smile.gif )
I use a spray on my suede shoes to waterproof them and this works really good, so i rather get stuck in rain with my suede shoes than my leater shoes,

+1

I waded through a little creek in my suede sperry top siders last summer. Sure they got wet - but no damage.

The only real worry with suede is things like oily stains or stains such as red wine. But even these can usually be removed with a shampooing.
post #357 of 9513
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOOSH View Post

I would appreciate a recomednation re lasts.
I am a 10D Alden barrie last. It is a wonderful fit, if not a little tight across the vamp at the end of the day.
I have a medium width forefoot and a narrow heel. I also have quite a high instep.
Appreciate the assistance.

 

There is an official thread dedicated to it, but from my personal experience I think I would stay away from the narrower last like the simpson if the barrie is a little tight around the vamp.  I believe the inca and rain last may be better.
 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/291006/the-official-carmina-sizing-thread

post #358 of 9513
Is there a chance that Carmina would waive or lower the +30% MTO upcharge if we had a group buy? I would be interested.
post #359 of 9513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post

Is there a chance that Carmina would waive or lower the +30% MTO upcharge if we had a group buy? I would be interested.


I am not sure you have seen this, but has been a group buy going on this thread for some time.


http://www.styleforum.net/t/277505/epaulet-x-carmina-mto-group-buy-for-spring-2012
post #360 of 9513
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchoy View Post

I am not sure you have seen this, but has been a group buy going on this thread for some time.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/277505/epaulet-x-carmina-mto-group-buy-for-spring-2012

Thanks for the link but I'm not interested in the styles that are a part of that group buy.

I've been planning to get the Chelsea in the Rain last but I just saw that these Forest last Jodphur boots are on the webstore. Hard decision. Can anyone comment on the how the toe looks on the Forest last? I prefer chiselled toes but if the Forest isn't too rounded it might be ok.
Edited by Liquidus - 4/3/12 at 9:06am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More