or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 218

post #3256 of 10326
Namor, what last are those?
post #3257 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

11 posts since i wrote all info about the two MTOs and the suede color already changed smile.gif

Please read post 3239. It's Noix suede for the tassel and not snuff. IF there is six people who want snuff i can order both but i will fill the orders for Noix first.

Thanks

Frank, I love the irony of your name. Sheep, indeed. devil.gif
post #3258 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcloud View Post

How's uetam last fit compared with the forest? Does the uetam have a wide fitting?

I believe they are narrower.

carmina site shoes forest EE(wide) to EEE(very wide) & Uetam just E(normal)

 

I have few pairs coming in May. ill report back or someone else can chime in?smile.gif

post #3259 of 10326

Just realized the possible MTO is pretty close to an AS shoe I REALLY wanted.. (excuse linking to the terrible blog, saw this forever ago)

 

 

Alfred Sargent (Click to show)

post #3260 of 10326
Any interest in making something like this?

Would be great for spring/summer - pic taken from the Armoury
post #3261 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymil View Post

Maybe it's unwise to float another competing MTO loafer idea, but I'd like one for late spring... what do people think about exactly this model and makeup (snuff suede string loafer on Uetam last) on single Dainite soles instead of leather soles? What do you think, Frank?



Something like this I would love to wear in the spring summer with no show socks !
post #3262 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymil View Post

Maybe it's unwise to float another competing MTO loafer idea, but I'd like one for late spring... what do people think about exactly this model and makeup (snuff suede string loafer on Uetam last) on single Dainite soles instead of leather soles? What do you think, Frank?

It's a good idea but nothing for me. I have both a penny loafer and string loafers so i'm in the market for a tassel.
You know you can choose York sole? That might be better for a loafer.
post #3263 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

Frank, I love the irony of your name. Sheep, indeed. devil.gif

Thanks, it's 100% irony. Hope your post isn't smile.gif
post #3264 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concub1ne View Post


Anyhow, I'm more not sold on noix then I am sold on any other particular color. As I understand it carmina has a rather extensive selection of suede, so why not try something new. I mean look at the recent grey adelaides, they turned out fantastic.


I now remember you mentioning this for our last MTO. Was this carminas response to you asking, or to skoab asking? Cause I could understand them saving that option for resellers wanting to differentiate their offerings. I also happened across the photo evidence below just recently, though their policies could have changed since the shoes in question were made.


1. The colors that SkoAB has in theire swatch are: Black, grey, dark brown, snuff, noix, navy and loden green. (They are going to ask if there is more avalible).

2. Yes, we had that discussion with the last MTO and that´s what SkoAB told me after asking Carmina. Of course it´s possible to make changes it´s just about if Carmina want to do them or not and i think they can have two policies. One for big stores like The Armoury and Epaulet, they can make special orders and even own designs. Then you have the regular customer who has to stick to the given design. I don´t know this but it´s what i would do i i were Carmina. If they told the MTO customers that they can redesign the shoes all hell would break loose. Just the people from SF would break Betty in less than a week with questions about design changes nod[1].gif
post #3265 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymil View Post

Maybe it's unwise to float another competing MTO loafer idea, but I'd like one for late spring... what do people think about exactly this model and makeup (snuff suede string loafer on Uetam last) on single Dainite soles instead of leather soles? What do you think, Frank? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Why would you want a loafer with rubber soles? patch[1].gif We have this model inbound in Snuff, Brown, Loden Green, Navy (all suede, all leather soles).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

2. Yes, we had that discussion with the last MTO and that´s what SkoAB told me after asking Carmina. Of course it´s possible to make changes it´s just about if Carmina want to do them or not and i think they can have two policies. One for big stores like The Armoury and Epaulet, they can make special orders and even own designs. Then you have the regular customer who has to stick to the given design. I don´t know this but it´s what i would do i i were Carmina. If they told the MTO customers that they can redesign the shoes all hell would break loose. Just the people from SF would break Betty in less than a week with questions about design changes nod[1].gif

It's just that any changes to an existing pattern will be a bit of a negotiation. They would probably not do it for a single MTO but if we get like 8-10 people on board I'm sure it can be discussed with Carmina. Still, the Carmina MTO program is not as flexible as say G&G.
post #3266 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

It's just that any changes to an existing pattern will be a bit of a negotiation. They would probably not do it for a single MTO but if we get like 8-10 people on board I'm sure it can be discussed with Carmina. Still, the Carmina MTO program is not as flexible as say G&G.

After this post, it will be called Leaves box smile.gif

post #3267 of 10326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallcloud View Post

How's uetam last fit compared with the forest? Does the uetam have a wide fitting?

The Uetam last is narrower and with a lower instep than the Forest last. I don't believe the Uetam comes with a wide fitting but the Forest last do.
post #3268 of 10326
Ha ha, sorry Frank.
post #3269 of 10326
Here are my Ruby Shell MTO from Epaulet on their Maiden Voyage.

First thing in the morning in the morning sun


In the office under florescent light


Outside after all day wear with the sun going down
post #3270 of 10326
I also thought some of you may be interested in seeing how may Carmina Direct MTO Navy Shell Single Monk looked about about 15 wears. I sent them off to B. Nelson to get sunken toe taps installed and they look great.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More