or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 195

post #2911 of 10410
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

lol, my boss wears stacy madden (i think thats correct..) faux leather tassel loafers. Ive only know him for a year but apparently hes been replacing them with the same model for 5+ years

why not buy 1 pair of nice shoes for 400 - 500 rather than waste 100+ every year smh
post #2912 of 10410
Because he has a shitty attitude that's why
post #2913 of 10410
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Because he has a shitty attitude that's why

that makes no sense in regards to his shoe buying habits
post #2914 of 10410
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

that makes no sense in regards to his shoe buying habits

+1
post #2915 of 10410
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

the rain last is pretty awesome; havent seen a rain lasted shoe i didnt like, calf or cordovan.

looks exceptional as a boot too

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/tags/carmina?page=2

I will be buying that cap toe next fall or when my current brown cap toe needs to be retired.
post #2916 of 10410
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

that makes no sense in regards to his shoe buying habits

tumblr_lsxho9Z3fL1r2t8hto1_500.gif
post #2917 of 10410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

Many thanks...kind of brings up a dressing to your audience. Is there such a thing as being "overdressed" for an interview, i.e. wearing nicer shoes/clothing than the person doing the interviewing?

I think you might find this link useful:
http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/tags/dress-shoes

You can never go wrong with a pair of black plain cap toes. A wholecut is a bit more aggressive but still correct IMO.
Edited by Leaves - 1/17/13 at 3:56am
post #2918 of 10410
Cross-posted from the official Carmina sizing thread - if anyone can offer advice, it would be appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

I'm sorry if this has been answered further back in the thread, but could I please have some input into how the Robert (ie the balmoral boot) last fits people with high insteps?

I'd absolutely love to get a pair, but am unsure of fit and have nowhere I can try it on before purchasing.

I fit the Rain last well - can anyone compare the height of the instep on the Rain last to that of the Robert?
post #2919 of 10410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post


Cross-posted from the official Carmina sizing thread - if anyone can offer advice, it would be appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

I'm sorry if this has been answered further back in the thread, but could I please have some input into how the Robert (ie the balmoral boot) last fits people with high insteps?

I'd absolutely love to get a pair, but am unsure of fit and have nowhere I can try it on before purchasing.

I fit the Rain last well - can anyone compare the height of the instep on the Rain last to that of the Robert?

 

I don't own any Carmina shoes but from what I've gathered the boot lasts (Forest/Oscar/Robert) are roomier in the toebox and accommodate higher insteps well.

post #2920 of 10410
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

 

I don't own any Carmina shoes but from what I've gathered the boot lasts (Forest/Oscar/Robert) are roomier in the toebox and accommodate higher insteps well.

I don't have experience with Robert or Oscar last so I can't help with those, but while the Forest last does have a roomier toebox, I would say that the instep is rather lower than other lasts (notably Rain). Also according to Ethan Newton from the Armoury:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethandesu View Post

Smiles,
The Carmina lasts are all width specific - from my experience, you cannot get a narrow last made wide, nor a wide last made narrow. Rather they have lasts that are narrow or wide, with different shapes and toe boxes per last. What we currently carry are the following;

Simpson - a narrow last with a chisel toe. Reasonably extended in the toe box, and a reasonably narrow waist. E width.
Alcudia - much like the Simpson, but with more of an Almond Toe. E width.
Robert - A rounded Almond toe, E width. Officially it is the same width as the Simspon, but the extra room at the toe tends to make it more comfortable for wider feet.
Inca - a pointed toe, on our widest last, with a fairly wide waist. The most comfortable last we have for wide and flat feet. EE width.
Rain - Much like the Inca, but with a chisel toe. EE width.
Forest - a popular last in Europe, it is a standard width with a soft round toe, quite low in the instep, so high insteps can feel a little pinched in this last. E width.
Uetam - a new last for us in a loafer, it feels very similar to the Forest, if a shade narrower. E width.
 
post #2921 of 10410
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfjotli View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

 

I don't own any Carmina shoes but from what I've gathered the boot lasts (Forest/Oscar/Robert) are roomier in the toebox and accommodate higher insteps well.

I don't have experience with Robert or Oscar last so I can't help with those, but while the Forest last does have a roomier toebox, I would say that the instep is rather lower than other lasts (notably Rain). Also according to Ethan Newton from the Armoury:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethandesu View Post

Smiles,
The Carmina lasts are all width specific - from my experience, you cannot get a narrow last made wide, nor a wide last made narrow. Rather they have lasts that are narrow or wide, with different shapes and toe boxes per last. What we currently carry are the following;

Simpson - a narrow last with a chisel toe. Reasonably extended in the toe box, and a reasonably narrow waist. E width.
Alcudia - much like the Simpson, but with more of an Almond Toe. E width.
Robert - A rounded Almond toe, E width. Officially it is the same width as the Simspon, but the extra room at the toe tends to make it more comfortable for wider feet.
Inca - a pointed toe, on our widest last, with a fairly wide waist. The most comfortable last we have for wide and flat feet. EE width.
Rain - Much like the Inca, but with a chisel toe. EE width.
Forest - a popular last in Europe, it is a standard width with a soft round toe, quite low in the instep, so high insteps can feel a little pinched in this last. E width.
Uetam - a new last for us in a loafer, it feels very similar to the Forest, if a shade narrower. E width.
 

 

My mistake with the Forest, although this is good news as I have a low instep.

post #2922 of 10410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

I think you might find this link useful:
http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/tags/dress-shoes

You can never go wrong with a pair of black plain cap toes. A wholecut is a bit more aggressive but still correct IMO.

Many thank Leaves!
post #2923 of 10410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post


I want to know how one does to create that finishing! The Skoaktiebolaget tan balmoral is a nice model, but with fairly flat and uninspiring finish.
The Armoury one is fantastic!

http://thearmoury.tumblr.com/post/32187628115/ethandesu-two-views-carmina-80105-in-cuero-and

 

 

 

 

"Burnished with Black, Dark Brown and Burgundy"

 

Fantastic job... *DROOL*

post #2924 of 10410
I would say the Oscar is their roomiest medium-width last, after trying on the Forest and Rain. All are fine for higher insteps.
post #2925 of 10410
^ cool, thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More