or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 193

post #2881 of 9773
this
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

This one?


compared to this:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

I need two shoes, a black wingtip (922) and a tan summer shoe. Skoak has some good prices but I need to brush up on their shipping policy. I'm looking at the following but would love to find a single monk in tan calf:

Carmina 80105 in Cuero

wow. if i didnt know better, I would have thought one pair was a couple hundred more than the other. this on finishing alone
post #2882 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by diglett View Post

Good god, that shine is amazing. Quoting without spoiler because this is exactly the kind of post that this porn thread needs.

 

^^ this! This is beauty.

post #2883 of 9773
Ive kind of lost track. Are there any MTO's going on at the moment?
I am interested mainly in a boot, shell or not.
post #2884 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post

Ive kind of lost track. Are there any MTO's going on at the moment?
I am interested mainly in a boot, shell or not.

The ankle boot in lama is having its details ironed out via PM right now, assuming that Carmina still has the leather on hand.

post #2885 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post

Ive kind of lost track. Are there any MTO's going on at the moment?
I am interested mainly in a boot, shell or not.

Only 3 more people to go...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachoo View Post

Lets do this gents:


Please PM me with your details if you want in. A couple of people already showing interest so it shouldn't be long til we reach the minimum 6.

Leaves will be contacting Betty as soon as she gets back from Pitti Uomo, so we should get some kind of confirmation by next week.

Question: what lining color? available colors are Tanned, Brown, Black, and Purple. Let me know what you guys think.
post #2886 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachoo View Post

Only 3 more people to go...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I have a confirmation from Carmina that we can do the specified boot with a plain toe on the Oscar last.
post #2887 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

this
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

compared to this:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post

I need two shoes, a black wingtip (922) and a tan summer shoe. Skoak has some good prices but I need to brush up on their shipping policy. I'm looking at the following but would love to find a single monk in tan calf:

Carmina 80105 in Cuero

wow. if i didnt know better, I would have thought one pair was a couple hundred more than the other. this on finishing alone

I want to know how one does to create that finishing! The Skoaktiebolaget tan balmoral is a nice model, but with fairly flat and uninspiring finish.
The Armoury one is fantastic!
post #2888 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by diglett View Post

Good god, that shine is amazing. Quoting without spoiler because this is exactly the kind of post that this porn thread needs.
Is the shoe to the right with the "factory" finish, and the left (viewers left that is) after some local magic?
post #2889 of 9773
This is the first I've clicked on this thread. It looks like (financial) trouble
post #2890 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post


Is the shoe to the right with the "factory" finish, and the left (viewers left that is) after some local magic?

Correct, with the "local magic" apparently having been applied by the folks at The Armoury.

post #2891 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by diglett View Post

Correct, with the "local magic" apparently having been applied by the folks at The Armoury.
Amazing! Please, teach me!
post #2892 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

I want to know how one does to create that finishing! The Skoaktiebolaget tan balmoral is a nice model, but with fairly flat and uninspiring finish.
The Armoury one is fantastic!

That's been antiqued by Armoury, that is not how it looks from the factory. I think it's a mood pic more than anything else to be honest, I doubt they go through all shoes like that, it would take months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

Is the shoe to the right with the "factory" finish, and the left (viewers left that is) after some local magic?

Correct.
post #2893 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaves View Post

That's been antiqued by Armoury, that is not how it looks from the factory. I think it's a mood pic more than anything else to be honest, I doubt they go through all shoes like that, it would take months.
Correct.
God, I want to know how that antiquing is done! Then I would buy your balmoral immediately Leaves (even though my target shoe was a suede chukka :-)) and spend some hours on it. But, may well buy it anyway and get some practice...
post #2894 of 9773
Found several Carima's on Skoak's website that are very appealing. Do you guys consider black whole cuts appropriate for a suit and a job interview?

Carmina 910 Black Whole Cuts
910-rain-negro1.jpg
post #2895 of 9773
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

God, I want to know how that antiquing is done! Then I would buy your balmoral immediately Leaves (even though my target shoe was a suede chukka :-)) and spend some hours on it. But, may well buy it anyway and get some practice...

http://www.styleforum.net/t/228153/the-official-shoe-care-thread-tutorials-photos-etc/

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More