or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 191

post #2851 of 9210
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post

since when? didn't skoaktiebolaget say its 20%?

from their website
"VAT DEDUCTION
We will deduct 20% (correspondent of 25% Swedish VAT) from item prices listed on our web for those ordering from outside the EU. However, any customs fees and/or local taxes are the buyers responsibility. "

Ah, I see that I misinterpreted the previous post.
post #2852 of 9210

Ok, Carmina experts. How do I find the 861 in cordovan with a Dainite sole (or Carmina equivalent)?

http://www.carminashoemaker.com/web/hom/coleccion_modelo_detalle.php?lang=eng&dist=g&id_col=21&id_mod=75&id_modFull=0,70,217,86,85,84,83,81,80,79,78,77,76,75,74,73,71,262

 

This is the boot I've been looking for!

 

 

 

I can't find it anywhere. Do I go directly through Carmina as a MTO? Do I go through a reseller as a special order? Any advice for a Carmina noob?

post #2853 of 9210

You email Betty and ask if it is in stock anywhere. I would wait until next week to do so though because she is at Pitti.

post #2854 of 9210
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post

You email Betty and ask if it is in stock anywhere. I would wait until next week to do so though because she is at Pitti.

 

Thank you.

post #2855 of 9210
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Wondering if its possible size down 1.5 in the forest last... I hate excessive creasing...

FC says not possible
RF says it is

Hrmmmmm
what did other people think? size down 1.5?
post #2856 of 9210
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Pretty sure the spanish VAT is a little higher 21 or 22% since they increased it last summer / fall I think


No, it's lower. Swedish VAT is 25%, Spanish VAT is 21%. Thus Swedish VAT is 20% of the total price, and Spanish VAT is about 17,3% of the total price. 

post #2857 of 9210
post #2858 of 9210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post

Ok, Carmina experts. How do I find the 861 in cordovan with a Dainite sole (or Carmina equivalent)?

http://www.carminashoemaker.com/web/hom/coleccion_modelo_detalle.php?lang=eng&dist=g&id_col=21&id_mod=75&id_modFull=0,70,217,86,85,84,83,81,80,79,78,77,76,75,74,73,71,262

 

This is the boot I've been looking for!

 

 

 

I can't find it anywhere. Do I go directly through Carmina as a MTO? Do I go through a reseller as a special order? Any advice for a Carmina noob?

 

 

If that was in response to me, thanks. That's the closest I've found as well. But it is a different boot, in a different color, and not even my size (typically an 11.5 D US). 

post #2859 of 9210
Quote:
Originally Posted by david123 View Post


With the Carmina site, if you create an account and give your non-EU address, it should show you the VAT-exclusive prices throughout the site.

Thanks, this worked just like you said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Brun View Post


No, it's lower. Swedish VAT is 25%, Spanish VAT is 21%. Thus Swedish VAT is 20% of the total price, and Spanish VAT is about 17,3% of the total price. 

After comparing the VAT/no VAT prices, it looks like Carmina takes ~15.3% off of its "list" prices for non-EU customers to account for VAT.

post #2860 of 9210

Appreciate the help!

post #2861 of 9210

Appreciate the help!

post #2862 of 9210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post

 

 

If that was in response to me, thanks. That's the closest I've found as well. But it is a different boot, in a different color, and not even my size (typically an 11.5 D US). 


Yep, I thought, it might work for you.

Good luck with your search

post #2863 of 9210
It seem that in a lot of the photos, the high boots fit pretty loose in the ankle and shin area, even laced tight. Is this common to Carmina boots?
post #2864 of 9210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacatfish View Post

It seem that in a lot of the photos, the high boots fit pretty loose in the ankle and shin area, even laced tight. Is this common to Carmina boots?

I have that exact problem and I am trying to figure out how to remedy it. I have tried a tongue pad but doesn't help. The laces are almost overlapping because there is too much room in the upper ankle area. Made for someone with cankles. Any suggestions for fixes would be appreciated.
post #2865 of 9210
^ I think they are supposed to be this way, especially on the high boot. My Carminas are also loose but any tighter it would become extremely difficult walking up and down stairs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More