York sole might be a good middle way.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 12/24/14 at 12:49pm in Classic Menswear
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 6:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Brown Double Monks $300- $400 range Last post on 9/13/12 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project Last post on 12/7/12 at 8:53am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 187
Styleforum Top Picks
Skoakti or epaulet.
From mike at epaulet:
So, I asked about that. The leather there is called "Lama," which is a soft tumbled calfskin. You guys may have seen our Fitzgerald shortwing in the grey version of this leather. It's excellent, but the supplier recently went out of business. They may have enough to make a few pieces up, but I'll have to find out. In person it's pretty close in tone to caramel calfskin, so it might be a bit of a duplication there.
It might be difficult but let's see if there's a possibility!
The Forest is not really wide or Bulbous. Oscar is probably the closest, but as a boot it only really fits that description in a side-by-side with Forest.
Nice photoshop, man. Got me some cognac shell ptbs from Paul and Friends I scored for 500 bucks on eBay coming soon.
No, not any plans as we have it in Vegano Marron. If you get a minimum of 6 people together for a Group MTO the price is 3400 SEK (2720 SEK ex VAT, approx. $400).
We're doing exactly this boot for fall in "Camel Grain", but with a York sole or possibly a brown Commando sole.
I will be purchasing if I beat the other vulchers to it. Fantastic boot. Which last? (ok, maybe I won't, depending...).
I have them and they're great, especially for that price. I wear them in the same size as I wear all other lasts (except Simpson). For the price, I'd get them and not look back. Great loafer, IMO.
Here's a pic of them next to the Soller-lasted chukkas from http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Sole Welting 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 10 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 11 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 14 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 17 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...