or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 171

post #2551 of 9516
Less whine, more porn:

post #2552 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

Less whine, more porn:
\

Good pacifier, feel like Michael Scott looking at baby pictures- soooothing
post #2553 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

I do business with spanish people (have a small company) and the people i deal with is very professional and always answear emails fast and want to do the best of everything. Great service and attitude, they speak pretty good english too. I don´t think this is a spanish / whatever country thing, this is about people and how they choose to handle their customers/partners.

Well, I don't mean to put all people in the same basket simply because of their location. But I'm sorry, there is definitely a less 'time sensitive' mind set in the Mediterrean Basin in general than in the US or Northern Europe. With many exceptions, of course.

I do business all over the world. Each of us are greatly influenced by our cultures. Not to say one is better than the other - just different.

As a matter of fact, regarding urgency/time awareness, I'd say most Americans would be happier if they were less time concious than they are.
post #2554 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

Didn't realize we could only post positive cream puff experiences here. lol8[1].gif

I appreciated the first time you posted about the problems, as that informed the rest of the community of the issue in a timely manner.  I would also like to know how it is resolved, if it is not too much trouble for you to write up.

Th incessant whining has worn thin on me though, as you are not doing anything which helps anyone but yourself;  these posts seem to have evolved into expressions of self-pity.  I agree that you should get your money back; but it's not that much money, and nothing has changed since you made the first post on this subject.

post #2555 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Well, I don't mean to put all people in the same basket simply because of their location. But I'm sorry, there is definitely a less 'time sensitive' mind set in the Mediterrean Basin in general than in the US or Northern Europe. With many exceptions, of course.
I do business all over the world. Each of us are greatly influenced by our cultures. Not to say one is better than the other - just different.
As a matter of fact, regarding urgency/time awareness, I'd say most Americans would be happier if they were less time concious than they are.

Nowewwwww

Yesterday

And why not? We are paying an arm and a leg for shine of these shoes. We expect a flawless and drama free transaction

But god damn, Moo, god damn
post #2556 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Well, I don't mean to put all people in the same basket simply because of their location. But I'm sorry, there is definitely a less 'time sensitive' mind set in the Mediterrean Basin in general than in the US or Northern Europe. With many exceptions, of course.
I do business all over the world. Each of us are greatly influenced by our cultures. Not to say one is better than the other - just different.
As a matter of fact, regarding urgency/time awareness, I'd say most Americans would be happier if they were less time concious than they are.

Absolutely. I agree that cultures have a big impact in what people think is ok regarding social rules. I just meant that it´s always a person you are dealing with and that person choose how they want to handle things. I find this interesting, i love to travel and get to know different cultures. This is a bit far from "Carmina shoe porn" so i try to get back to that with a pic. cheers.gif

post #2557 of 9516
Thanks for adding the candy colored porn!

I too enjoy the complexity of working with people from all over. It's never boring.

btw - speaking of candy colored.....I'm dying a belt right now......so far it's a terrible bright green. Like really bright. shog[1].gif
post #2558 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

Absolutely. I agree that cultures have a big impact in what people think is ok regarding social rules. I just meant that it´s always a person you are dealing with and that person choose how they want to handle things. I find this interesting, i love to travel and get to know different cultures. This is a bit far from "Carmina shoe porn" so i try to get back to that with a pic. cheers.gif

Again with the baby pics! oh, look at that shoe on the left.., so nice...NO- wait, Shut up Mr.Moo, Damn you Frank, aint it funny how the two barnyard animals are running interference? A sheep and a cow- sounds like an Aristocrats joke
No one will get that, and I apologize
post #2559 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post

She responded just fine when taking my money. teacha.gif

  she responded just fine after about 40 days on an MTO they were working on for me as well.

  24 - 36 hours after sending the message, she replied saying 1 more week & they would be done.

  sure as chit, 1 week later an email shows up wanting to confirm shipping address just to be sure, followed by a tracking number an hour later.

 

  you had a single, crap experience which doesn't appear to be the norm.  think I've gotten an update on my hallowed G&G order ?  ELL no.

post #2560 of 9516
As a last aside, I have an open MTO Carmina with Epaulet. Matt is a godsend as he told me that the model ordered was going to be available 2 months later than promised due to a re- opening of the MTO window as they didn't have enough, or wanted more of, orders for the shoe. I don't blame Matt at all, and as reflective of Mr. Moo's whining, I too could have laid bare the joke of MTO programs. Why Epaulet doesn't contact purchasers to inform them that the shoe will be 2 months later than originally planned, I don't know. Moo's problems pale as what I described is a domestic purchase. Should I have to feel like a schmuck , asking Matt about a delivery that is 2 months later than promised? Should Epaulet not contact us PROACTIVELY with delays/ updates?. Matt is a nice guy and I know I ran astray here, but when I listen to Moo's rants, it brings me back to how simple service courtesies should be in the states,
post #2561 of 9516
I am very happy, and take it back, Matt or Mike- sort of
post #2562 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken4me View Post

Again with the baby pics! oh, look at that shoe on the left.., so nice...NO- wait, Shut up Mr.Moo, Damn you Frank, aint it funny how the two barnyard animals are running interference? A sheep and a cow- sounds like an Aristocrats joke
No one will get that, and I apologize

Sometimes it´s good to not have english as your native language, right now because i guess this is an insult but i don´t quite understand it smile.gif

I don´t think i´m running interference. I really like Carmina shoes and have no personal beef against them, only good experiences. The only thing i´ve done is to agree with Moo in the way that i think Betty handled his "case" in the wrong way. Even if this is the only time she done a bad job i don´t think it justifies doing wrong, every customer has uniqe experince when they shop and it doesn´t matter to Moo if 100 people write here to say they love Betty. He shouldn´t take his loss just because someone else is happy but i also agree that it´s a fine line between telling your story and useing the forum for a personal vendetta.

I have spent lots of time on different forums during the last 10 years and you will always find topics that are intouchable. If you say something bad about them the wrath of the forum will strike you smile.gif I´m here to have a good time and talk and read about things that i like and i will speak my mind when i have a opinion even if it´s not popular.


Here is a new pic for those who don´t see that well nest.gif
post #2563 of 9516

When I write to Betty, I alter the style of my writing so it sounds like a spanish guy speaking broken english. Feels weird at the beginning but then is ok.

post #2564 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken4me View Post

Again with the baby pics! oh, look at that shoe on the left.., so nice...NO- wait, Shut up Mr.Moo, Damn you Frank, aint it funny how the two barnyard animals are running interference? A sheep and a cow- sounds like an Aristocrats joke
No one will get that, and I apologize

Sometimes it´s good to not have english as your native language, right now because i guess this is an insult but i don´t quite understand it smile.gif

I don´t think i´m running interference. I really like Carmina shoes and have no personal beef against them, only good experiences. The only thing i´ve done is to agree with Moo in the way that i think Betty handled his "case" in the wrong way. Even if this is the only time she done a bad job i don´t think it justifies doing wrong, every customer has uniqe experince when they shop and it doesn´t matter to Moo if 100 people write here to say they love Betty. He shouldn´t take his loss just because someone else is happy but i also agree that it´s a fine line between telling your story and useing the forum for a personal vendetta.

I have spent lots of time on different forums during the last 10 years and you will always find topics that are intouchable. If you say something bad about them the wrath of the forum will strike you smile.gif I´m here to have a good time and talk and read about things that i like and i will speak my mind when i have a opinion even if it´s not popular.


Here is a new pic for those who don´t see that well nest.gifWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

English is my native language and to be honest, I don't quite understand it either.

I think most people agree that Moo got screwed and Carmina has handled this poorly.
But I also think most people don't want to hear Moo's continued bitching about it and his Inigo Montoya-esque "you killed my father prepare to die" attitude towards Carmina and anyone who might doubt that he's telling the whole story.
post #2565 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippyh View Post

English is my native language and to be honest, I don't quite understand it either.
I think most people agree that Moo got screwed and Carmina has handled this poorly.
But I also think most people don't want to hear Moo's continued bitching about it and his Inigo Montoya-esque "you killed my father prepare to die" attitude towards Carmina and anyone who might doubt that he's telling the whole story.

Perfect synopsis, sir.

It is just alarming (or sad, really) that there are no mid-range $ easily available MTO makers anymore. I would gladly give Alden the extra 200 bucks for a MTO, and know that'd come out right. I will be stepping up to Vass soon, but through a proxy, and, even then, there may be "changes" to my design.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More