or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 151

post #2251 of 9488
Quote:
Originally Posted by diglett View Post

GTFO

smile.gif
I love the all about them but the high shaft. I does look a lot like a ladies boot from the golden 20's
post #2252 of 9488
Saddle Shell Wingtip Boot from Epaulet:
IMG_7857.jpgIMG_7856.jpg
post #2253 of 9488
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger View Post

Saddle Shell Wingtip Boot from Epaulet:
IMG_7857.jpgIMG_7856.jpg

Nice!
post #2254 of 9488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post


smile.gif
I love the all about them but the high shaft. I does look a lot like a ladies boot from the golden 20's

Well, there are a few pairs of mid-length bal boots floating around.

 

Ranger: Those look awesome! 

post #2255 of 9488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grytter View Post

I am really thinking about these: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/news/carmina-80188-oscar-marron

 

Good choice. Tried them on myself when I last visited skoab. Really versatile as you say.

post #2256 of 9488

I can't entirely get this shoe out of my head:

 

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/news/carmina-80249-oscar-grain-calf
 

Could anybody advise me on sizing? I'm an 11.5E UK in EG's 888 last, and an 11E UK in most CJ lasts...

post #2257 of 9488
^ 11uk, we take the same size
post #2258 of 9488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivats View Post
You are right ... vass is hand welted and no gemming.

http://the-last-shall-be-first.blogs...r-welting.html

Machine welting (using the Goodyear welting machine) usually, possibly always, involves gemming.

Great Link, thanks for sharing.

post #2259 of 9488
^ If you like the link above, those following might be of interest as well. They have been posted somewhere on here and I bookmarked them just a few days ago.

http://mydenimlife.com/blog/construction1/
http://mydenimlife.com/blog/construction2/
post #2260 of 9488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

^ If you like the link above, those following might be of interest as well. They have been posted somewhere on here and I bookmarked them just a few days ago.
http://mydenimlife.com/blog/construction1/
http://mydenimlife.com/blog/construction2/

Thank you, greatly appreciated.

post #2261 of 9488

More fabulous options in regards to boots and shoes.

 

 

Great that's just what I needed.

post #2262 of 9488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkie View Post

I can't entirely get this shoe out of my head:

 

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/news/carmina-80249-oscar-grain-calf
 

Could anybody advise me on sizing? I'm an 11.5E UK in EG's 888 last, and an 11E UK in most CJ lasts...

 

Fantastic shoe, colour and last...I got me a pair from SKAB and have to say they the most comfortable pair of Carminas I possess.

 

I wear 8.5E in C&J and took the same....fitting is great.

post #2263 of 9488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkie View Post

I can't entirely get this shoe out of my head:

 

http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/news/carmina-80249-oscar-grain-calf
 

Could anybody advise me on sizing? I'm an 11.5E UK in EG's 888 last, and an 11E UK in most CJ lasts...

C&J and Carmina are very similar in size.

I was just with a friend at  skoaktiebolaget who is a C&J size 7UK and he bought a Carmina size 7UK.

Another friend is a size 10UK for C&J and also for Carmina.

I am a size 6.5UK C&J for all lasts and 7E for EG 888 and sadly havent tried any Carmina yet, since skoaktiebolaget start most their Carmina shoes at 7, but I would feel pretty safe buying a size 6.5 Carmina.

...and they are beatiful shoes I agree :) 

 

Hope that helps

post #2264 of 9488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

 

Fantastic shoe, colour and last...I got me a pair from SKAB and have to say they the most comfortable pair of Carminas I possess.

 

I wear 8.5E in C&J and took the same....fitting is great.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ 11uk, we take the same size

 

Thanks for the advice, but apparently they're out size 11  frown.gif

 

I sent a mail to Carmina directly. Lets hope that works out...

post #2265 of 9488

In your opinion how does the Carmina Cordovan Boots compare to those made by Alden and Crockett and Jones?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More