or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 150

post #2236 of 10080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

It may be just me, but I do think that the high balmorals are too "ladylike".

post #2237 of 10080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

Hi Leaves,
Please also add more sligthly lower boots to the range aswell, like seven eye lets, with or without speed hooks, in calf and/or cordovan. Think the black Carmina calf on dainite you have on the site. Though not black smile.gif
It may be just me, but I do think that the high balmorals are too "ladylike".

haha my brother actually mentioned that when I was looking at a few Carminas, he said they looked like heels
post #2238 of 10080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

Hi Leaves,
Please also add more sligthly lower boots to the range aswell, like seven eye lets, with or without speed hooks, in calf and/or cordovan. Think the black Carmina calf on dainite you have on the site. Though not black smile.gif
It may be just me, but I do think that the high balmorals are too "ladylike".

do you wear a dress with your "high" balmorals?
post #2239 of 10080

Tried this one from skoab. Found out I need to size up for the robert last and had to return it. I was really impressed by the york sole though and wanted to share some pics. I was somehow under the impression that it would be sewn on top of a normal leather sole, but it's actually really well integrated. I would definitely buy another shoe with it.

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

post #2240 of 10080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Won't disagree on the price of the shell boot, but am still a student and thus it's still a lot of money for myself.
Am not sure if I have as much spare at the moment as I am also looking for a MTM suit.

If you don't have money as a student then buy cheaper shoes, quite an easy concept but seems like so few students can grasp it
post #2241 of 10080
Nah, will rather buy one pair of quality shoes than 2/3 pairs of cheap ones which aren't to my liking esthetically.
post #2242 of 10080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post



It may be just me, but I do think that the high balmorals are too "ladylike".

GTFO

post #2243 of 10080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Nah, will rather buy one pair of quality shoes than 2/3 pairs of cheap ones which aren't to my liking esthetically.

Then buy the calf versions? Or wait on the MTM? Does a student really need a MTM suit?
post #2244 of 10080
Who are you talking to me like that?
I haven't asked for your opinion, so stop bothering me.
post #2245 of 10080

I am really thinking about these: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/news/carmina-80188-oscar-marron

 

What you think? As these practicly would be my first "real" shoes (besides my RM williams). As a student, i would like to buy a pair which works with almost anything, and these seems to take those criterias.

 

Btw, i'm definitly coming to Skoaktiebolaget in near future.

post #2246 of 10080
Personally am not a fan of six lace styles as well as heel "caps", but a dark brown plain stitch captoe is definitely a very versatile shoe and this pair of Carminas a great looking so.
Great thing you have the chance to visit skoaktiebolaget in person.
Let us know how the different lasts fit you smile.gif
post #2247 of 10080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Personally am not a fan of six lace styles as well as heel "caps", but a dark brown plain stitch captoe is definitely a very versatile shoe and this pair of Carminas a great looking so.
Great thing you have the chance to visit skoaktiebolaget in person.
Let us know how the different lasts fit you smile.gif

So you prefer, a more plain heel? Can you link a shoe that you do like in the style i linked. 

 

I live in Stockholm, so no problem getting there ;)

post #2248 of 10080
I ordered a pair of Vass Chelsea on the F last at the beginning of the week:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/130044/the-ultimate-vass-porn-thread/500_100#post_3130125

Mine will be in black, have a 5 lace construction and a single leather sole without toe tabs though.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/261141/vass-f-last-chelsea-oxfords-size-9-42/0_100
http://www.styleforum.net/t/227070/fs-nib-vass-chelsea-f-last-sz-41/0_100
post #2249 of 10080
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

 

Does anyone here have the experience to compare the Rain to the Meermin Ama last; I own a pair of Meermin shoes on the Ama last and I would like to know if the rain is wider (mainly the waist).

I'm gonna grab these late to early next year (Oh they were already posted icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif)

 

 

Thanks in advance :)

Really love some help on this one and sorry for the repost :)

post #2250 of 10080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concub1ne View Post

Tried this one from skoab. Found out I need to size up for the robert last and had to return it. I was really impressed by the york sole though and wanted to share some pics. I was somehow under the impression that it would be sewn on top of a normal leather sole, but it's actually really well integrated. I would definitely buy another shoe with it.







York is actually a full rubber sole where they added a piece of leather "on top" of the waist
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More