or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 148

post #2206 of 9516

My first MTO with Carmina. In fact, my first MTO ever.

Crappy iPhone pics, but here are the specs:

Balmoral boot, Rain last, black pebble grain calf, Dainite soles.

 

700

 

700

 

700

post #2207 of 9516
isnt it cheaper to buy off of Carmina's e-store instead of any other website?

I was looking at the inca shell wingtips: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640210

444 Euros = $570, where on other sites its like close to $800-$900. Am I wrong or missing something here?
post #2208 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

isnt it cheaper to buy off of Carmina's e-store instead of any other website?
...
Am I wrong or missing something here?

You're right - it is cheaper to buy directly from Carmina.

However, I've noticed that Carmina's e-store usually has pretty limited stock - not many models and, of the models on offer, they usually only offer a few sizes.

Therefore, I suspect that people buy the shoes from other vendors such as the Armoury or Skoaktiebolaget because, although it may cost a bit more, it means that they can get the models and sizes that they want.
post #2209 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post


You're right - it is cheaper to buy directly from Carmina.
However, I've noticed that Carmina's e-store usually has pretty limited stock - not many models and, of the models on offer, they usually only offer a few sizes.
Therefore, I suspect that people buy the shoes from other vendors such as the Armoury or Skoaktiebolaget because, although it may cost a bit more, it means that they can get the models and sizes that they want.

Yup, and having influence on MTO orders for Skoaktiebolaget and Epaulet results in getting what you want, for less than a direct MTO.

post #2210 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

You're right - it is cheaper to buy directly from Carmina.
However, I've noticed that Carmina's e-store usually has pretty limited stock - not many models and, of the models on offer, they usually only offer a few sizes.
Therefore, I suspect that people buy the shoes from other vendors such as the Armoury or Skoaktiebolaget because, although it may cost a bit more, it means that they can get the models and sizes that they want.

so outside for more variety but if you find something on their e-store its the best price out on the market? i do like buying from affiliate vendors though just to help their businesses out and such but if its almost $200-$400 in price difference it makes sense to buy directly from them.
post #2211 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

so outside for more variety but if you find something on their e-store its the best price out on the market? i do like buying from affiliate vendors though just to help their businesses out and such but if its almost $200-$400 in price difference it makes sense to buy directly from them.

Definitely. A good value is a good value. I've been very satisfied purchasing from the E-Store.

There is a method to the distribution channels in general. The manufacturer offers a specific range of makeups and the affliate vendors typically market a grouping of their own specific makeups. Often makeups which are specifically tailored to the vendor's regional markets. They don't overlap a great deal with Carminas E-Store offerings.

Thus everybody gets something they want out of the deal......Carmina can offer their makeups at lowest possible cost because there is no middle man. The affiliated vendors order special makeups in bulk and offer them to the public at prices still less than those of individual MTOs (because they were made in bulk quantities.) And because the affliate vendors are located around the world the consumer has more access to try on shoes before purchasing.

You, the consumer, have the choice!

It's all good!
post #2212 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextstep View Post

Hello,

I'm discussing with a Carmina retailer via email a purchase of this boots (here in cognac cordovan):



Here in saddle cordovan:



Here in natural cordovan (not really sure):



Cognac is out of stock and not an option. I'm not interested in black.

Can anyone comment on the differences between natural & saddle? I've never seen any in person. I'm looking forward to wear those on an informal attire (navy peacoat, OCBD, denim) or even ToJ black leather bomber & tee (this might not be possible, weird combo?).

IMHO, on paper the saddle one looks much better than the natural one for my usage. The other one might look too formal. Another doubt is whether to wait for the cognac one to be restocked.

They are all very nice, but if I have to pick one I would go for the first one. I think they all will go well with your suggested outfit.
post #2213 of 9516
Buy what ever color the boots are on this picture

Imo it is one of the sexiest boots I've ever seen.
How much does the retailer ask for for a pair?
post #2214 of 9516

Unfortunately those are cognac, which was out of stock,
 

post #2215 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

CARMINA MTO!


Since we will have a store in Sweden selling Carmina from 11 october (http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se) i wanted to do a MTO. I sent NAMOR a PM since he said in this thread that he was thinking the same. We decided to do a copy of the boot Nick at Horwwen got from Carmina, except with dark green lining. If you want in you are more than welcome, if we are six people we avoid the MTO fee. I you want in write in the thread so others know but please PM me so i don´t miss anyone.

The design is set and not up for discussion.


This is the details:

Model 80184
Cognac Shell
Dainite sole
Green Lining
Speedhooks
Flat Welt
Last: Oscar
Price in SEK with VAT: 5700
Price in SEK without VAT: 4560

Regarding price. I need to get final confirmation from Leaves since Carmina did raise their prices this week.


This is the boot:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

From Skoaktiebolagets web:

"...We will also accept “group MTOs". If you have a group of friends or colleagues who would like to create a certain model, we are happy to oblige. A minimum of six pairs in any model/colour/last is required to do a “group” MTO. This way, we won't have to charge you the extra MTO surcharge. This service is available for all of our three major brands; Carmina Shoemaker, Edward Green, Gaziano & Girling."


http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/store


Just found all the information and will quote it another time for others at this place.

@Frank and Leaves, would a six pair group order mean this shell boot drops to 3800SEK?
I would be seriously interested in a second run if nextstep and others are in as well.
post #2216 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Just found all the information and will quote it another time for others at this place.
@Frank and Leaves, would a six pair group order mean this shell boot drops to 3800SEK?
I would be seriously interested in a second run if nextstep and others are in as well.

The quoted price is final price. (Price in SEK without VAT: 4560) If you could get shell MTO boots for ~$550, every other shoe company would be out of business.
post #2217 of 9516
Thats what I thought. smile.gif
So I'll need to save a little longer, thanks for your help!
post #2218 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Just found all the information and will quote it another time for others at this place.
@Frank and Leaves, would a six pair group order mean this shell boot drops to 3800SEK?
I would be seriously interested in a second run if nextstep and others are in as well.

Like stevent said, 4560 SEK without VAT. This is still a great price for a shell boot. To bad you didn´t see this when i set up the group buy. Talk to Leaves he is very helpful with all questions regarding MTO. I´m not working at or for Skoaktiebolaget (that would have been fun smile.gif).
post #2219 of 9516
Both of these Carmina's are model 922s on the Rain last...do they look the same to you?



post #2220 of 9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Thats what I thought. smile.gif
So I'll need to save a little longer, thanks for your help!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Buy what ever color the boots are on this picture

Imo it is one of the sexiest boots I've ever seen.
How much does the retailer ask for for a pair?

If anyone is interested in doing a 2nd round MTO of this boot through skoak let me know.  Would prefer it in on the Robert or Forest last as I have experience with those.  $670 for a cordovan boot is a ridiculious price.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More