Wearing the same pair right now. Got them from Paul&Friends. Quickly becoming one of my favorite pair of boots, but the stiff dainite soles and stiff ankle collar did not help with the break in time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 5/24/15 at 10:23am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 5:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 8:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:36pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 146
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2177 of 1365411/17/12 at 9:19ampost #2178 of 1365411/17/12 at 12:57pmpost #2179 of 1365411/17/12 at 3:38pmpost #2180 of 1365411/17/12 at 4:12pmpost #2181 of 1365411/17/12 at 4:27pmpost #2182 of 1365411/17/12 at 6:58pmpost #2183 of 1365411/17/12 at 7:50pmQuote:
...and people say that shell is maintenance-freepost #2184 of 1365411/17/12 at 10:14pmpost #2185 of 1365411/17/12 at 10:18pmBoth of my Carminas in shell respond poorly to water drops. It buffs right off with a little conditioner - but they look pretty bad until then.
It has to be in the way they are finished - as Alden and Carmina use the same supplier. Aldens have a super shiny finish on them like plastic - that seems to resist this water spotting. Carminas do not.
This is not to say that I do not love my Carmina shell shoes - as a matter of fact I much prefer them to my Aldens (style, last, 270 degree welt etc.).post #2186 of 1365411/17/12 at 10:18pmpost #2187 of 1365411/19/12 at 6:23ampost #2188 of 1365411/19/12 at 7:28amQuote:
Get in on a MTO. Epaulet has them running fairly often, so check out the Epaulet x Carmina thread.
Also, email her and ask what the stores have in stock in a 12UK; the web shop listing is far from complete, from what I hear.post #2189 of 1365411/19/12 at 8:14ampost #2190 of 1365411/19/12 at 10:21am
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Currently, there are 970 Active Users (170 Members and 800 Guests)
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 47 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 11 minutes ago
- › I watched The Italian Job (1969) 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 17 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 19 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 21 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...