I wasn't being a smartass; I'm in on the MTO, am worried about sizing, and have no experience with those other lasts. Given that I have no idea how his foot is shaped, I can't infer too much from his description.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 5/24/15 at 10:23am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 8:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 9:36 pm in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 10:56 am in Streetwear and Denim
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 126
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1877 of 1373910/12/12 at 3:13pmThe shell MTO is closed.
The interest have been great and we ended up with 17 people. This must be some sort of record. Closing a group buy at SF in one week sounds impossible but miracles happen
The partisipants will get a PM as soon as i´m done sorting the data out. Don´t PM me, my inbox will burstpost #1878 of 1373910/12/12 at 3:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Concub1ne
Alright then, just back from the store after having tried the Oscar last. FWIW my experience of other lasts is pretty much limited to Alfred Sargent, where I am a 7.5 in last 99, 109, and 724.
This is the shoe I tried: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/news/carmina-80188-oscar-marron. What was immediately apparent was that it was real snug around the heel, snug enough that I would hesitate in wearing my normal size if I were to walk around in it all day. It was also a bit tight around the instep and the waist, though this could be alleviated by lacing the shoes a bit looser than I might normally like. I imagine this might not be quite as pronounced in a derby, but I am by no means an expert.
I then tried the same shoe in a size 8, which pretty much resolved every issue I had with the 7.5 without making the shoe too big in other areas. In retrospect I of course should have compared it to other Carmina lasts, unfortunately I did not. In conclusion I will be going up half a size. My thinking is that I will likely want to wear a thicker sock in the winter, and as I was a bit hesitant of my normal size to begin with, this fact put me over the edge.
EDIT: Oh and for those who were wondering the cognac is pretty damn attractive in the flesh.
Just wanted to say that the 80188 is a nice looking shoe. Not sure I've seen many brouge-less, straight cap oxfords with a counter like that. Melikes.
Skoaktiebolaget has some fine makeups.post #1879 of 1373910/12/12 at 3:27pmpost #1880 of 1373910/12/12 at 3:30pmQuote:
You ended up on the sweet side of that dealio. Those navy shell boots will be among your favorites for a LLLLOONNNGGGGG time.
Which in your world is what? Perhaps three or four months!??!?!?!?!?!?!post #1881 of 1373910/12/12 at 3:30pmQuote:
Very nice gives off a modified last look a bit. Really bummed shoes&shirts won't ship to the USA they have a ravello model similar to this for sub 700 with VATpost #1882 of 1373910/12/12 at 3:37pmQuote:
Oh you cold, g, ice cold. I'm going to live those shoes a long time. I'm convinced now that navy shell is the most versatile shoe colorpost #1883 of 1373910/12/12 at 3:40pmQuote:
Hands off (enter hand slapping .gif)
No more shoes for you (enter soup nazi .gif)
Why aren't you working, NAMOR? (enter Donald trump fired .gif)post #1884 of 1373910/12/12 at 3:42pm
I realized that my account would be a bit lacking when I typed it. I just figured it might be of some limited value. I took digletts comment to be a bit tongue in cheek though, so I'm not offended. Frank also compelled me to make a last comparison, but in my haste I didn't check my PMs and so I neglected it. My bad.
OT: I think digletts avatar is Tom Hardy from the movie "Bronson". I have not seen it though, so I just read all his posts in the voice of Bane. Now you know something about me.post #1885 of 1373910/12/12 at 3:42pmpost #1886 of 1373910/12/12 at 3:49pm
It's obviously not a huge issue that you didn't check out the other Carmina lasts (as nobody expected you to do that in the first place), but it would have been nice. Regardless, I'm sure some folks could make good use of your comparisons.
Oh, and you're absolutely right about the avatar.post #1887 of 1373910/12/12 at 3:59pmpost #1888 of 1373910/12/12 at 5:18pmpost #1889 of 1373910/12/12 at 5:45pmQuote:
ICE ICE Baby.
I don't even own navy shell (yet) but those bootz have definitely stuck in my mind. I can imagine a gazillion ways to wear them.
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Red sole 7 minutes ago
- › Yves Saint Laurent’s ‘Scandal’ Collection 8 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 17 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 19 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 27 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...