or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 125

post #1861 of 9488

Already bought 4 pairs of shoes this month, but thanks to this thread I'm gonna drop by Skoaktiebolaget tomorrow afternoon to try out the last. If it fits well I too am gonna sign up. You will be the ruin of me styleforum.

post #1862 of 9488
^ this reads like a chapter out of my short biography

All of a sudden Sweden has become a destination for me
post #1863 of 9488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

Got the info from 11...not you?
Cut off in T minus 22 hours and 45 minutes smile.gif

Frank did you get my stuff?
post #1864 of 9488
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

^ this reads like a chapter out of my short biography
All of a sudden Sweden has become a destination for me

You´re most welcome! Then we can meet and take that beer smile.gif
post #1865 of 9488
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post

Frank did you get my stuff?

Yes.

I´m going to reply to everyone before sending the chart to the store. Just to double check everything.
post #1866 of 9488

Carmina
Model 80092
Last Robert

iam contemplating...........
post #1867 of 9488

^^ What's holding you back? That's gorgeous! Where did you find it?

post #1868 of 9488
Looks like a pic from Betty??
post #1869 of 9488
I was actually going to order that same exact boot but they discovered a gash in the shell. Went with the navy shell instead icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #1870 of 9488
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

I was actually going to order that same exact boot but they discovered a gash in the shell. Went with the navy shell instead icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

the gash was discovered via photo or in person when you received boot

pic is form carmina paris
post #1871 of 9488
On their side
post #1872 of 9488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the sheep View Post

Yes.
I´m going to reply to everyone before sending the chart to the store. Just to double check everything.

Frank the Sheep -

I want in. Put me down for the MTO and let me know what information you need from me.

Thanks.
post #1873 of 9488

Alright then, just back from the store after having tried the Oscar last. FWIW my experience of other lasts is pretty much limited to Alfred Sargent, where I am a 7.5 in last 99, 109, and 724.

 

This is the shoe I tried: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/news/carmina-80188-oscar-marron. What was immediately apparent was that it was real snug around the heel, snug enough that I would hesitate in wearing my normal size if I were to walk around in it all day. It was also a bit tight around the instep and the waist, though this could be alleviated by lacing the shoes a bit looser than I might normally like. I imagine this might not be quite as pronounced in a derby, but I am by no means an expert. 

I then tried the same shoe in a size 8, which pretty much resolved every issue I had with the 7.5 without making the shoe too big in other areas. In retrospect I of course should have compared it to other Carmina lasts, unfortunately I did not. In conclusion I will be going up half a size. My thinking is that I will likely want to wear a thicker sock in the winter, and as I was a bit hesitant of my normal size to begin with, this fact put me over the edge.

 

EDIT: Oh and for those who were wondering the cognac is pretty damn attractive in the flesh.

post #1874 of 9488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concub1ne View Post

Alright then, just back from the store after having tried the Oscar last. FWIW my experience of other lasts is pretty much limited to Alfred Sargent, where I am a 7.5 in last 99, 109, and 724.

 

This is the shoe I tried: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/news/carmina-80188-oscar-marron. What was immediately apparent was that it was real snug around the heel, snug enough that I would hesitate in wearing my normal size if I were to walk around in it all day. It was also a bit tight around the instep and the waist, though this could be alleviated by lacing the shoes a bit looser than I might normally like. I imagine this might not be quite as pronounced in a derby, but I am by no means an expert. 

I then tried the same shoe in a size 8, which pretty much resolved every issue I had with the 7.5 without making the shoe too big in other areas. In retrospect I of course should have compared it to other Carmina lasts, unfortunately I did not. In conclusion I will be going up half a size. My thinking is that I will likely want to wear a thicker sock in the winter, and as I was a bit hesitant of my normal size to begin with, this fact put me over the edge.

 

EDIT: Oh and for those who were wondering the cognac is pretty damn attractive in the flesh.

I like how helpful this was...or would have been, if you had tried on other Carmina lasts ffffuuuu.gif

post #1875 of 9488
Quote:
Originally Posted by diglett View Post

I like how helpful this was...or would have been, if you had tried on other Carmina lasts ffffuuuu.gif

He talked about the heel, instep and waist and general sizing for him. Better than what you are offering in terms of sizing.



Welcome to the forum Concub1ne, and thanks for the info. Plenty of smartasses all over but you'll get used to it.

Did you find the last to be longer / shorter than normal? What about the width in toe box?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More