Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 5/24/15 at 10:23am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 2:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 7:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 12:42 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 109post #1621 of 136879/30/12 at 11:08pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1622 of 1368710/1/12 at 1:26am
Leaves is the nickname of the person who sell G&G in Sweden and this month open up à brand new shoe shop called Skoaktiebolaget. They will sell G&G, Edward Green and Carmina. Website opened yesterday www.skoaktiebolaget.sepost #1623 of 1368710/1/12 at 2:31ampost #1624 of 1368710/1/12 at 3:39ampost #1625 of 1368710/1/12 at 4:06ampost #1626 of 1368710/1/12 at 6:50ampost #1627 of 1368710/1/12 at 7:04ampost #1628 of 1368710/1/12 at 11:46amQuote:
Yepp. No response. Wonder if calling the stores directly works. Since MTO is 50% up-charge, not worth to have something you see on the website made IMHO.post #1629 of 1368710/1/12 at 1:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by kayjaybee
Anyone see the new offering on the Carmina shop? Lizard cap-toe on the Simpson last...
I'm seriously considering buying these, however I wanted to know how to care for lizard.
Do they get cleaned and polished like any other leather shoe? Do they require anything extra to care for from daily wear?
Any input is appreciated!post #1630 of 1368710/1/12 at 1:34pmQuote:
My input is that they're kind of weird.post #1631 of 1368710/1/12 at 2:34pmQuote:
Stay away from lizard. It dries out fast and it cracks too soon. Very hard to care for unless you live arfound the equator (more humidity).post #1632 of 1368710/1/12 at 2:35pmpost #1633 of 1368710/1/12 at 4:10pmQuote:Quote:
This can be negated if you take care of them. I have some lizard shoes that i've had for 10+ years and have had no trouble with them drying out or cracking. About every six months I apply a leather lotion to them to keep them soft. Saphir now makes an exotic skin cream that I may start using. I really like these Carminas and would consider them if I hadn't already bought several pairs of shoes this year.post #1634 of 1368710/1/12 at 4:29pmpost #1635 of 1368710/1/12 at 6:41pmSo glad I got these MTO before the price increase. I really like them and they are breaking in nicely. This is on their first outing. I've noticed that inside the Blue Shell looks completely black. In natural light they look almost like a gunmetal gray and in full sun the blue really comes out.
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Currently, there are 1186 Active Users (270 Members and 916 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 6 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...