Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 8:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 12/19/14 at 9:52pm in Classic Menswear
- Brown Double Monks $300- $400 range Last post on 9/13/12 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project Last post on 12/7/12 at 8:53am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 96
Styleforum Top Picks
I guess I should have been more specific with the above question.
I'm currently comparing the RL Lindrick boot with the Carmina Sinclair. I have the Lindrick in a wingtip shoe and loafer (formerly Dalton) and I love the wingtips and want a boot version but I'm considering the Carmina even though they run a little more (taking the RL semi-annual sale which is when I purchased my other Lindricks).
Does anyone own both of these and can comment on their fit, looks and quality? I know this a Carmina chat but I think I can get an unbiased opinion.
Guilty on that count - I have the saddle shell Sinclair boots and the Lindrick. To be honest, I find the finishing very similar in terms of quality and fit - I can wear both of them comfortably the whole day. My foot is more 'blunt' at the toes rather than slanted and the width borders on the wide side of medium if that makes sense.
I find the colour of the Lindrick to be more versatile for the clothes I own and I can see myself using it more than the Sinclair - however a Sinclair in cognac shell would give the Lindrick a run for its money in that respect.
One thing I do like about the Lindrick is the pull tabs - they don't really catch on my trouser legs and I've also been tucking them away between my ankle and the boot. I just find them very useful in getting the boots on..
forest is a bit wider than robert. here's an old pic i had on my phone:
the left is robert and the right is forest.
i prefer the robert last as it fits snug, but not tight. the forest (in the same size) feels looser even if i pull the places pretty tight. i might be able to go a half size down in the forest, but it would be harder to find since i wear UK7. i'll try to take a better comparison pic tomorrow morning.
I have these in 10UK, and while I cannot compare them with Aldens, they are definitely wider than Forest last, and similar to Rain last in the same size. But for a winter boot, it is not bad to have a little extra space if one wants to wear thicker socks, plus the derby lacing means you can easily tighten them a bit more if they slip in the heel.
Thanks, unfortunately they only have bugundy or snuff suede right now
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
Styleforum Top Picks
- › I today really a fifth I think that its both 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › [WTB] YYPH AW14 Grey/green Camo Tweed Pants Sz. 3 or 4 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes 14 minutes ago
- › My watch creation 18 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 20 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...