Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 3/31/15 at 8:30am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 3:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 6:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Today at 5:39 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 96
Styleforum Top Picks
I guess I should have been more specific with the above question.
I'm currently comparing the RL Lindrick boot with the Carmina Sinclair. I have the Lindrick in a wingtip shoe and loafer (formerly Dalton) and I love the wingtips and want a boot version but I'm considering the Carmina even though they run a little more (taking the RL semi-annual sale which is when I purchased my other Lindricks).
Does anyone own both of these and can comment on their fit, looks and quality? I know this a Carmina chat but I think I can get an unbiased opinion.
Guilty on that count - I have the saddle shell Sinclair boots and the Lindrick. To be honest, I find the finishing very similar in terms of quality and fit - I can wear both of them comfortably the whole day. My foot is more 'blunt' at the toes rather than slanted and the width borders on the wide side of medium if that makes sense.
I find the colour of the Lindrick to be more versatile for the clothes I own and I can see myself using it more than the Sinclair - however a Sinclair in cognac shell would give the Lindrick a run for its money in that respect.
One thing I do like about the Lindrick is the pull tabs - they don't really catch on my trouser legs and I've also been tucking them away between my ankle and the boot. I just find them very useful in getting the boots on..
forest is a bit wider than robert. here's an old pic i had on my phone:
the left is robert and the right is forest.
i prefer the robert last as it fits snug, but not tight. the forest (in the same size) feels looser even if i pull the places pretty tight. i might be able to go a half size down in the forest, but it would be harder to find since i wear UK7. i'll try to take a better comparison pic tomorrow morning.
I have these in 10UK, and while I cannot compare them with Aldens, they are definitely wider than Forest last, and similar to Rain last in the same size. But for a winter boot, it is not bad to have a little extra space if one wants to wear thicker socks, plus the derby lacing means you can easily tighten them a bit more if they slip in the heel.
Thanks, unfortunately they only have bugundy or snuff suede right now
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 36 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 minute ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › How would you like a girl to dress? 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 10 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...