Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 12:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- Brown Double Monks $300- $400 range Last post on 9/13/12 at 11:42am in Classic Menswear
- most versatile shoe? Last post on 9/13/12 at 8:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina, Epaulet, and Styleforum Fall '12 Shortwing Boot Project Last post on 12/7/12 at 8:53am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 8/17/14 at 10:03pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 96
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I guess I should have been more specific with the above question.
I'm currently comparing the RL Lindrick boot with the Carmina Sinclair. I have the Lindrick in a wingtip shoe and loafer (formerly Dalton) and I love the wingtips and want a boot version but I'm considering the Carmina even though they run a little more (taking the RL semi-annual sale which is when I purchased my other Lindricks).
Does anyone own both of these and can comment on their fit, looks and quality? I know this a Carmina chat but I think I can get an unbiased opinion.
Guilty on that count - I have the saddle shell Sinclair boots and the Lindrick. To be honest, I find the finishing very similar in terms of quality and fit - I can wear both of them comfortably the whole day. My foot is more 'blunt' at the toes rather than slanted and the width borders on the wide side of medium if that makes sense.
I find the colour of the Lindrick to be more versatile for the clothes I own and I can see myself using it more than the Sinclair - however a Sinclair in cognac shell would give the Lindrick a run for its money in that respect.
One thing I do like about the Lindrick is the pull tabs - they don't really catch on my trouser legs and I've also been tucking them away between my ankle and the boot. I just find them very useful in getting the boots on..
forest is a bit wider than robert. here's an old pic i had on my phone:
the left is robert and the right is forest.
i prefer the robert last as it fits snug, but not tight. the forest (in the same size) feels looser even if i pull the places pretty tight. i might be able to go a half size down in the forest, but it would be harder to find since i wear UK7. i'll try to take a better comparison pic tomorrow morning.
I have these in 10UK, and while I cannot compare them with Aldens, they are definitely wider than Forest last, and similar to Rain last in the same size. But for a winter boot, it is not bad to have a little extra space if one wants to wear thicker socks, plus the derby lacing means you can easily tighten them a bit more if they slip in the heel.
Thanks, unfortunately they only have bugundy or snuff suede right now
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › Introduce yourself. 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Bico black leather and braided bracelets - pewter 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 4 minutes ago
- › The Film thread 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)