i want boots for the winter. I am in and out of my car and in the street all day long. It is often wet in the winter here. I do not want to destroy leather soles. Also, from what I can tell with my steinbecks, you don't see the rubber sole at all.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 5/24/15 at 10:23am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 1:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** Last post on Today at 8:59 am in Classic Menswear
- Wk of Feb 9, 2015: New Member Inquiries & Quick Questions- Classic Menswear Last post on 2/16/15 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:36pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 90
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1337 of 136119/6/12 at 9:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by stlms3
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Going back through this thread and enjoying the shoe porn, I saw this post and figured I would repost the photo that i posted in the epaulet thread.
These boots are awesome. I love the leather. It is meant to be pretty durable but still looks quite elegant IMHO. God I can't wait for a cool or rainy day to wear these!.. Damn 95* September days with 90% humidity!post #1338 of 136119/7/12 at 12:02amQuote:Originally Posted by stlms3
Oh also, I just got turned on to Carmina a couple of months ago. Do they restock their estore often? Should we expect any new boots for the fall? I REALLY want some balmorals, but missed the Epaulet MTO and they do not plan on bringing any in any time soon... balmorals (not the all suedes on the site) with some type of rubber sole is what I am looking for in particular.
email carmina, they have a shell bal boot in burgandy, Model 080092 on the forrest last, and no they dont restock their store often its been the same for a while.post #1339 of 136119/7/12 at 5:01amQuote:
When did you hear this? I just sent Betty an email to confirm, but as of a month ago (August 7th) they only had this in suede according to her.post #1340 of 136119/7/12 at 6:05am
Ok, so Betty already got back to me... took 30 minutes tops. They have the cordovan balmoral on a robert last with a leather sole. What would my options be for making the sole water resistant? Sorry,but I am a noob. Also, when the sole needs replacing, can I have it replaced with a york (half dainite) sole?
The carmina #8 looks a lot prettier than most others in photos. I hope that holds true in person if I jump on this.
Thanks for the help!post #1341 of 136119/7/12 at 6:17ampost #1342 of 136119/7/12 at 8:23ampost #1343 of 136119/7/12 at 10:13ampost #1344 of 136119/7/12 at 10:18ampost #1345 of 136119/7/12 at 10:21ampost #1346 of 136119/7/12 at 10:35amQuote:
its one of the models i wanted when i was ordering and i asked about itQuote:
i believe its 20% up-charge but may be wrong, plz correct me guyspost #1347 of 136119/7/12 at 10:35amQuote:I did use the discount shelf in Palma. Good stuff.Originally Posted by Leaves
It's really hard to find and it's a very small factory. Apart from the administrative and creative staff maybe 20-25 craftsmen. I could not find it by the GPS either; the address I got from the Carmina-people directed me to a residential area across the road. But regardless, they did not seem to have a factory outlet (like EG etc). They did seem to have a more or less permanent "discount shelf" in the Palma store though, maybe that's the best bet for a good discount deal on Carmina shoes while in Mallorca.post #1348 of 136119/7/12 at 10:46ampost #1349 of 136119/7/12 at 11:30am
What I got is actually very similar to the Epaulet x Carmina group buy bal boot, so maybe that's a little boring... but it's exactly what I want! So... dark cognac shell balmoral boot with perforated captoe and Dainite soles on Forest last. So pretty much exactly this but shell: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3465222Quote:
Yes, I believe it was a 20% upcharge. I actually think it's 30%, see below. The conversion from USD to Euros is very nice right now.
Edited by mymil - 9/7/12 at 12:15pmpost #1350 of 136119/7/12 at 11:34amQuote:how much extra for shell?Originally Posted by mymil
What I got is actually very similar to the Epaulet x Carmina group buy bal boot, so maybe that's a little boring... but it's exactly what I want! So... dark cognac shell balmoral boot with perforated captoe and Dainite soles on Forest last. So pretty much exactly this but shell: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3465222
Yes, I believe it was a 20% upcharge. The conversion from USD to Euros is very nice right now.
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 54 seconds ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...