or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More - Page 84

post #1246 of 9763
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Those are gorgeous - but that scratch! uhoh.gif

 

I don't think it's a scratch, just a line in the factory finish polish that's highlighted by the direct sun. I'll brush it & post a pic later along w/ my new navy bridle leather belt from Equus.

 

These are from the eboutique: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3857025. After seeing Namor's MTO boots I really wanted something in navy shell. I never got any response to emails about MTO possibilities, so these were a good fallback.

post #1247 of 9763
Betty is back boys! And she doesn't have the size you want, so you'll have to get MTO! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #1248 of 9763
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncdobson View Post

I don't think it's a scratch, just a line in the factory finish polish that's highlighted by the direct sun. I'll brush it & post a pic later along w/ my new navy bridle leather belt from Equus.

It looks like it's just on the surface to me as well. You should be able to buff it out with just a brush or a cloth. If that doesn't work, then a very slightly damp cloth. And if that still doesn't work, then some Renovateur. And if that doesn't work (but it looks so superficial that I'm sure it will), you can use a spoon or a bone.

post #1249 of 9763

Here're 2 pix of the navy newbies, 1 to show that what looked like a scratch was just a surface polish phenomenon & the other to show the navy belt from Equus that I also just received. The belt doesn't really match the color of the shoes, but I bet nobody will notice. 

 

 

700

 

700

post #1250 of 9763
i doubt anyone will notice especially since the boots look darker indoors
post #1251 of 9763
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncdobson View Post

Here're 2 pix of the navy newbies, 1 to show that what looked like a scratch was just a surface polish phenomenon & the other to show the navy belt from Equus that I also just received. The belt doesn't really match the color of the shoes, but I bet nobody will notice. 





how much was the belt? and how long did it take to ship?
post #1252 of 9763
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

i doubt anyone will notice especially since the boots look darker indoors

 Plus it really doesn't need to be a perfect match...in fact I prefer a little tonal separation between belt and shoes, otherwise it looks... well, too matchy tounge.gif

post #1253 of 9763
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothball View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

New pair of wingtips on the Rain last.
1000
1000
Question for you guys--there are (chalk? ink?) marks on the shoes as shown below. I'm a little concerned about trying to remove them since they're so close to the suede. Thoughts?
1000
Thanks!

 

Gorgeous. MTO, or are they this pair: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640211

 

The last seems a lot more square-like in the factory photos than it does on yours; I might be interested in the Rain, after all. Now, for those Rain lasted wholecuts on Carmina's site...

post #1254 of 9763


carmina for the armoury
post #1255 of 9763
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnedk View Post


carmina for the armoury

I need a new black wingtip and these are number 1 on my list! I'm curious how sleek these are since I already have a pair of chunky brown longwings.
post #1256 of 9763
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post


how much was the belt? and how long did it take to ship?

 

I ordered just the straps (x2), no hardware, for about $100 shipped to the US. I was quoted 1 month for turnaround, & I think that the ETA was pretty accurate. There's apparently a %10 SF discount (http://www.styleforum.net/t/260644/equus-leather-bridle-leather-belts-official-affiliate-thread/270#post_5630781), but I didn't know that.

post #1257 of 9763
I am having trouble deciding between the Carmina Fitzgerald in saddle shell or cognac shell. Both are beautiful. Is the saddle color too light to wear year-round? Which do you prefer?

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6050/6408247665_c775efe417_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7195/6899336107_5f5338c76e_b.jpg
post #1258 of 9763

I've got the Sinclair wingtip boot in saddle shell and the RL Marlow wingtip by Crockett and Jones in a darker brown shell. I find the darker brown a more versatile colour although the saddle shell is beautiful - I'm actually wearing my Sinclair boots now.

 

I would love to get the Sinclair in cognac shell though.

post #1259 of 9763
Updates on the deia last. It's a very narrow last. I should have sized up .5 from my 'normal' uk size of 6.
I can't even fit xs shoe trees in these things.
post #1260 of 9763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braughn View Post

I am having trouble deciding between the Carmina Fitzgerald in saddle shell or cognac shell. Both are beautiful. Is the saddle color too light to wear year-round? Which do you prefer?
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6050/6408247665_c775efe417_b.jpg
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7195/6899336107_5f5338c76e_b.jpg

Both. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More