Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 1:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Yesterday at 5:43 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 601post #9002 of 184468/1/14 at 6:30pmpost #9003 of 184468/2/14 at 1:19pmpost #9004 of 184468/2/14 at 1:24pmpost #9005 of 184468/2/14 at 3:33pmpost #9006 of 184468/2/14 at 3:40pmpost #9007 of 184468/2/14 at 4:18pm
No, just did an MTO of the same design. Paid a fortune.
As you seem to already know, Epaulet did a GMTO. They let a few people back out due to production delays. One of them happened to be my size. I went down there to buy it, but they sold it to someone else a day earlier. Would have just bought it online, but their website says NOT RETURNS and I wasn't aware at that time of their special exemption for SF members.
TBH, I get very cold welcomes from the folks at Epaulet, so it helps ease the pain of missing the initial opportunity and having to pay a different retailer significantly more to get it.post #9008 of 184468/2/14 at 7:28pmpost #9009 of 184468/2/14 at 7:53pmpost #9010 of 184468/2/14 at 9:43pmpost #9011 of 184468/2/14 at 10:13pmpost #9012 of 184468/3/14 at 3:22ampost #9013 of 184468/3/14 at 7:13amQuote:Originally Posted by venividivicibj
@Bakes11771 is that the loden suede? How do you like the color?
I like it a lot. When I first saw them, I thought it wasn't for me.
I actually had the guys at the Armoury have a pair of grey string loafers sent over from the the HK store, but when I got them, they were really more blue than grey. Practically speaking, you would have to wear them as blue shoes. I brought em back and exchanged them for the loden, and I'm happy that I did.
I think there may be some variation with the loden. I think mine is on the lighter and greener side. I think sometimes it can turn out to be darker and more grey.
Short answer, I really like the color, especially for this kind of shoe. Plan to wear them with navy trousers, but they would go great khakis as well. Got a matching (not an exact match) belt from Steve at Gentleman's footwear.post #9014 of 184468/3/14 at 7:14ampost #9015 of 184468/3/14 at 1:53pm
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina brown vegano calf captoe oxford Simpson last UK9.5 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 7 minutes ago
- › BLACK SWEATERS! SF APPROVED? 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 18 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 22 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...