Believe me, you're at the top of my list next time I want a pair of fine footwear.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 7:04 pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: Yesterday
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 434post #6496 of 1668311/14/13 at 8:14am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6497 of 1668311/14/13 at 12:27pmpost #6498 of 1668311/14/13 at 1:14pmpost #6499 of 1668311/14/13 at 1:19pmpost #6500 of 1668311/14/13 at 1:32pmQuote:
(1) if Simpson -- a narrow last -- is just right for you, Rain -- a medium-width last -- and Inca -- a wide last -- will likely not fit you well at all.
(2) the price for shoes that fit is a great price.post #6501 of 1668311/14/13 at 1:34pmpost #6502 of 1668311/14/13 at 1:35pmI don't have anything on the Simpson. My Incas are 1 full size down from US size. My Rains are 1 full size down but they are single monks and, frankly, don't fit me so well. Kind of loose on my smaller foot. I don't know if a lace up would be better. It is hard to use those in the comparison.
I wear 7.5D in the Aberdeen, if that helps.post #6503 of 1668311/14/13 at 6:42pmpost #6504 of 1668311/14/13 at 6:45pmpost #6505 of 1668311/14/13 at 6:47pmpost #6506 of 1668311/14/13 at 6:51pmpost #6507 of 1668311/14/13 at 7:27pmpost #6508 of 1668311/14/13 at 7:33pmpost #6509 of 1668311/14/13 at 9:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by Todd V
I don't have anything on the Simpson. My Incas are 1 full size down from US size. My Rains are 1 full size down but they are single monks and, frankly, don't fit me so well. Kind of loose on my smaller foot. I don't know if a lace up would be better. It is hard to use those in the comparison.
I wear 7.5D in the Aberdeen, if that helps.
I have the same problem with rain. It's not a good last if you have a low instep. Try Simpson or Phila instead.post #6510 of 1668311/15/13 at 2:14pmThe ShoeMart website is driving me bunkers. Two days ago there were plenty of choices in my size yesterday morning I tried to buy Anders Penny Loafer in Suede, only to realize that it sold out. Then went on the site last night a magically Essex Captoe appeared in Black as well as Alston Oxford in Brown, i was too lazy to go through the check out. This morning everything is gone again... dang. Were the Essex and Alston customer returns or some system fluke...
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 954 Active Users (142 Members and 812 Guests)
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 46 seconds ago
- › does everyone here have a full head of hair? any bald people? 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 9 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 10 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 13 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 14 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 15 minutes ago
- › Suit colors 20 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...