Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 7:04 pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: Yesterday
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 424post #6346 of 1668310/31/13 at 2:32am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6347 of 1668310/31/13 at 7:07amQuote:
Hmm...I could be wrong, but so far I'm thinking these would be relatively easy to wear. I figure I'd wear them like I would single or double monks or PTBs. I guess we'll see how it goes.post #6348 of 1668310/31/13 at 8:21ampost #6349 of 1668310/31/13 at 9:00amQuote:
So my concern was because of balance issues my trouser leg opening is 8.75-9.25 inches and I knew with a very clean vamp it would look like cowboy boots but I think with my weight loss and reducing pant size all the way through it might look better with a narrower leg.
With that being said I don't know how it would look worn with a suit vs worn casually with jeans. I think it might look nice but I have no experience with them. I tried on a pair of bontonis and they looksd beautiful but they looked out of place with my jeans so idk. Hard to invest in something like that when I have to question whether it would work with my current wardrobepost #6350 of 1668310/31/13 at 9:05amQuote:
LOL! I wonder how many people actually match their forum names in real life. Mine was generated from some random name generator website years ago...
Anyway, even if I can't pull off the Jodhpurs, they look good enough to use as a display piece. Besides, Carmina allegedly won't make any more shell Jodhpur boots, so they're like a collector's item as well...or something like that...post #6351 of 1668310/31/13 at 9:10ampost #6352 of 1668310/31/13 at 9:13ampost #6353 of 1668311/1/13 at 3:11am
Gentlemen, presenting for your viewing pleasure, my new Carmina lizard captoe monkstraps on the Rain last, received today via the magic of snail mail.
Thanks to Young "Steve" Foo from Gentleman's Footwear for putting this MTO together. These shoes are simply extraordinary. I may well get married in them.post #6354 of 1668311/1/13 at 7:29ampost #6355 of 1668311/2/13 at 3:52pmpost #6356 of 1668311/5/13 at 7:46am
I have been subscribed to this thread for a while now, but don't own any Carminas. I decided to jump in with both feet and ordered two pairs via ShoeMart as they are running a pretty damn good sale. Basically got two pairs for the price of one (link below) with free shipping in the U.S. I grabbed the Coyle Brown Boots (Forest Last) and the Anders Brown Loafers (Rain Last).post #6357 of 1668311/5/13 at 8:09ampost #6358 of 1668311/5/13 at 8:10amQuote:Originally Posted by europrep
I have been subscribed to this thread for a while now, but don't own any Carminas. I decided to jump in with both feet and ordered two pairs via ShoeMart as they are running a pretty damn good sale. Basically got two pairs for the price of one (link below) with free shipping in the U.S. I grabbed the Coyle Brown Boots (Forest Last) and the Anders Brown Loafers (Rain Last).
I just ordered a pair of the Coyle's as well. I was actually looking through the Alden page on their website this morning when I saw the banner advertising their sale. Can't beat a nice pair of boots at $299.post #6359 of 1668311/5/13 at 8:12ampost #6360 of 1668311/5/13 at 8:27amQuote:
+1 for the CXL Coyle. Those two-tones are something . . . terrible.
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 47 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Shibumi card holder... 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 14 minutes ago
- › Rubber soled shoes 15 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 16 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...