Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 6:36 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 372post #5566 of 167408/13/13 at 3:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5567 of 167408/13/13 at 3:52ampost #5568 of 167408/13/13 at 4:01amQuote:
If it was shipped DHL, my advice is to be ready to bend over and definitely bring your own lube.post #5569 of 167408/13/13 at 4:36ampost #5570 of 167408/13/13 at 4:53amQuote:post #5571 of 167408/13/13 at 5:37amQuote:Originally Posted by RogerP
Worth asking. The last two shipments I have had from DHL I got MASSIVELY screwed on the duties. Like CDN$200 owing on a pair of shoes with a stated (and actual) value of GBP 160. You can always refuse delivery. But if you try to fight the assessment, DHL will just ask you to bend over again. I won't have anything shipped by them ever again. In my experience, trackable postal delivery takesa little longer, but 9 times out of 10 comes through with no duties assessed at all.
My experience with DHL/Carmina too. In fact, I still can't sit because it hurts so much, $200 as well. As suggested, beg Betty to try the postal system. Let us know if she obliges, otherwise I can't see myself ordering from her again.post #5572 of 167408/13/13 at 5:58amQuote:
I love these. Can you give us some details?
Are these Gator or Croc?
Which Store did you buy them at?
Thanks!post #5573 of 167408/13/13 at 10:30amQuote:
Well, the only other option that Betty agreed is Fedexpost #5574 of 167408/13/13 at 10:53amQuote:Originally Posted by RogerP
Is that a charge from DHL? I can't believe that the actual customs/duties would be that high. I certainly don't mind paying the statutory rate on imported goods such as these (I live in the US and have purchased directly from Carmina) and paid duties but they haven't included any kind of "mark up" from the carrier.post #5575 of 167408/13/13 at 11:30ampost #5576 of 167408/13/13 at 11:45amQuote:
Yup, all DHL, though most of it goes to the government. As my trucker friend puts it (he crosses the Can/US border all the time): US Customs: it's about protecting the country. Canada Customs: how much money can we take from the guy.post #5577 of 167408/13/13 at 12:00pmpost #5578 of 167408/13/13 at 12:55pmpost #5579 of 167408/13/13 at 1:33pmQuote:
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › General Bike Thread (Desiderata, questions, porn) 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 10 minutes ago
- › Help with identifying these ray bans 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.