Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 10/23/16 at 7:48pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Yesterday at 4:55 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 367post #5491 of 184468/6/13 at 7:25pmpost #5492 of 184468/6/13 at 8:18pmQuote:
I would love to use Carmina trees but they are sold out at the boutiques and online store. I have been waiting for them to restock. However, people have been telling me that Carmina trees don't really fit well.
LCA is indeed pricey but it looks very well made.
I won't buy anything from Hanger Project. Their things are rather expensive when compared to the European counterparts, probably due to non-deductible US taxes. Their shipping cost outside of US is very high but i can't blame them since its cost to cost basis. Nevertheless, Hanger Project is selling very good stuff and they also have a wide variety of quality products.post #5493 of 184468/6/13 at 8:21pmQuote:
Do you mean this?
How's the quality?
Anyway, i bought the Saphir black edition tree and it doesn't fit. So stay away from it.post #5494 of 184468/7/13 at 3:46amQuote:
I have Carmina's on the Simpson, Deia, Rain and Inca lasts. The Carmina shoe trees fit them all just fine. I agree that they can be somewhat hard to find.
LCA are very well made indeed (as they should be for the price).post #5495 of 184468/7/13 at 5:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Alvinbmx
Do you mean this?
How's the quality?
Anyway, i bought the Saphir black edition tree and it doesn't fit. So stay away from it.
Yep, that is what I use and size down.
They are definitely not as elongated as any of the carmina lasts I mentioned, but I think it fills out enough of the shoe.
I don't really know how to comment on quality. They appear well made enough to live inside shoes. Lots of cedar. Spring on both axes seem fine.post #5496 of 184468/8/13 at 10:59ampost #5497 of 184468/8/13 at 1:29pmHey guys heres a list of MTO's from Steve at Gentlemans Footwear! If there are any interests please feel free to PM Steve (steveyoo1983) or myself (justinkapur)
pre-order for a Forest last captoe in black calf
mto #1 (navy 2eyelet in rain last) - 2 interests
mto #2 (burgundy split toe derby) - 2 interests
mto #3 ( split toe shell cordovan boots) - 2 int for light cognac shell, 2 int for navy shell
mto #4 (simpson last derby wingtip in burgundy)post #5498 of 184468/8/13 at 2:54pmpost #5499 of 184468/8/13 at 2:54pmQuote:
Justin, would you happen to know what last these will be on?
Also, would it be possible to have some indication of pricing?
Thanks!post #5500 of 184468/8/13 at 3:04pmpost #5501 of 184468/8/13 at 3:10pmpost #5502 of 184468/8/13 at 3:36pmpost #5503 of 184468/8/13 at 4:05pmQuote:
This boot will be fire! Cmon let's get the order in before Carmina's summer vacationpost #5504 of 184468/8/13 at 4:06pmpost #5505 of 184468/8/13 at 4:09pm
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › things that are making you happy 16 seconds ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › Your MadeInItaly - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 2 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 7 minutes ago
- › Portland Dry Goods [OFFICIAL] Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...