Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 8:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 367post #5491 of 160448/6/13 at 7:25pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5492 of 160448/6/13 at 8:18pmQuote:
I would love to use Carmina trees but they are sold out at the boutiques and online store. I have been waiting for them to restock. However, people have been telling me that Carmina trees don't really fit well.
LCA is indeed pricey but it looks very well made.
I won't buy anything from Hanger Project. Their things are rather expensive when compared to the European counterparts, probably due to non-deductible US taxes. Their shipping cost outside of US is very high but i can't blame them since its cost to cost basis. Nevertheless, Hanger Project is selling very good stuff and they also have a wide variety of quality products.post #5493 of 160448/6/13 at 8:21pmQuote:
Do you mean this?
How's the quality?
Anyway, i bought the Saphir black edition tree and it doesn't fit. So stay away from it.post #5494 of 160448/7/13 at 3:46amQuote:
I have Carmina's on the Simpson, Deia, Rain and Inca lasts. The Carmina shoe trees fit them all just fine. I agree that they can be somewhat hard to find.
LCA are very well made indeed (as they should be for the price).post #5495 of 160448/7/13 at 5:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Alvinbmx
Do you mean this?
How's the quality?
Anyway, i bought the Saphir black edition tree and it doesn't fit. So stay away from it.
Yep, that is what I use and size down.
They are definitely not as elongated as any of the carmina lasts I mentioned, but I think it fills out enough of the shoe.
I don't really know how to comment on quality. They appear well made enough to live inside shoes. Lots of cedar. Spring on both axes seem fine.post #5496 of 160448/8/13 at 10:59ampost #5497 of 160448/8/13 at 1:29pmHey guys heres a list of MTO's from Steve at Gentlemans Footwear! If there are any interests please feel free to PM Steve (steveyoo1983) or myself (justinkapur)
pre-order for a Forest last captoe in black calf
mto #1 (navy 2eyelet in rain last) - 2 interests
mto #2 (burgundy split toe derby) - 2 interests
mto #3 ( split toe shell cordovan boots) - 2 int for light cognac shell, 2 int for navy shell
mto #4 (simpson last derby wingtip in burgundy)post #5498 of 160448/8/13 at 2:54pmpost #5499 of 160448/8/13 at 2:54pmQuote:
Justin, would you happen to know what last these will be on?
Also, would it be possible to have some indication of pricing?
Thanks!post #5500 of 160448/8/13 at 3:04pmpost #5501 of 160448/8/13 at 3:10pmpost #5502 of 160448/8/13 at 3:36pmpost #5503 of 160448/8/13 at 4:05pmQuote:
This boot will be fire! Cmon let's get the order in before Carmina's summer vacationpost #5504 of 160448/8/13 at 4:06pm
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 15 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 18 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 27 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 35 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 37 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories