Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 5/24/16 at 4:50am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 3:35 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 332post #4966 of 177777/4/13 at 3:39pmpost #4967 of 177777/4/13 at 3:47pmPSA for anyone headed to Paris in July, the Carmina store there has quite a few models on sale, including some shell. I had two pairs shipped home They deducted VAT when I asked and explained that I wanted the shoes sent back to the States. Miho was the sales person who assisted me. She was great and spoke English well.
Sorry, I didn't get photos in the store. It was quite busy that afternoon.post #4968 of 177777/4/13 at 4:04pmpost #4969 of 177777/4/13 at 4:06pmpost #4970 of 177777/4/13 at 4:16pmpost #4971 of 177777/4/13 at 4:23pmpost #4972 of 177777/4/13 at 4:39pmpost #4973 of 177777/4/13 at 7:26pmpost #4974 of 177777/4/13 at 7:46pmpost #4975 of 177777/4/13 at 8:15pmQuote:
Filename is 9b22af51_RonRiderBootCoWanutCordovanResize1.jpegpost #4976 of 177777/5/13 at 4:27am
We are now finalising the participant list for the 80184 jumper boot group MTO - Oscar last, dark Cognac shell, Dainite sole, brown lining, through Skoaktiebolaget.
Anyone who's been hemming-and-hawing, now is your last chance. We already have a quorum of participants. In two or three days the list will be closed off and the boots ordered.
Three months (approx.) to delivery. 30% discount off the individual MTO price brings these beauties in at 4480SEK (ex VAT), 50% deposit up front via Paypal, shoe trees 640SEK (ex VAT), shipping extra.
Here's a very different boot (model, last, sole all quite different) which I'm posting simply to demonstrate the "dark Cognac" colour we are specifying for this MTO.
You can see it's slightly darker than the shell colour in the first photo. Horween do make two shades of Cognac and we are specifying the darker shade.
Again to demonstrate colour variation, here's a still darker "Cognac" shell cordovan boot from Carmina, this time for Epaulet. Possibly also a model 80184 like ours, but with a double leather sole instead of our Dainite. I suspect it's also on a different last.
PM me or Leaves if you want in. Remember, the order closes off in three days.post #4977 of 177777/5/13 at 6:00ampost #4978 of 177777/5/13 at 6:16ampost #4979 of 177777/5/13 at 6:18am
I jumped onto the website ASAP to check. I was actually thinking of that exact makeup as one that I really wanted, and was on the fence about pitching it, but there's a ton of Carmina MTOs going on right now.
I can't tell if that's cognac or saddle shell, as its quite dark given the lighting.post #4980 of 177777/5/13 at 6:39am
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › The Look goes on... 4 minutes ago
- › Rider Boot for Styleforum Balmoral GMTO - shell, calf, and... 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge May 20, 2016 : The particular jacket challenge 15 minutes ago
- › Shirt Fit Help 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 23 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 26 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 26 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding