Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:27 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 12:10 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 309post #4621 of 188226/24/13 at 6:22pmpost #4622 of 188226/24/13 at 7:28pmpost #4623 of 188226/24/13 at 7:45pmQuote:
I've got AS Ramsey on 99, Carmina single monks on Simpson, and Carmina dub munks on Inca.
What's your question?
I find the 99 and Inca fit my feet better, but my feet aren't your feet.
Since the AS is $100 less than the Carminas you're looking at, I'd go with AS.post #4624 of 188226/25/13 at 3:09ampost #4625 of 188226/25/13 at 3:14amQuote:
Thanks for your comments. I was primarily interested in a quality and longevity comparison between the brands. Does Carmina warrant the extra $100 in this case.post #4626 of 188226/25/13 at 4:56amQuote:
Longevity or durability really isn't a factor generally when comparing most goodyear welted shoes over the $300 mark. I really can't expect a pair of John Lobbs to last any longer than a pair of Allen Edmonds if they are both cared for properly. True some manufactures may use some better materials than others, but this is also true when they differentiate between their benchgrade and handgrade line of shoes. However this does not tend to affect the overall durability one way or the other with regards to various shoes.
Fit should be your first concern as some Lasts by some manufactures will not fit you as good as others. If the shoe doesn't fit then those pair of John Lobbs won't get worn no matter how much you paid for.
Is the shoe in the style I am looking for?
Is the shoe as pleasing to my eye as it is to my feet?post #4627 of 188226/25/13 at 6:48ampost #4628 of 188226/25/13 at 8:08amQuote:
I agree with most of this. At that point, it's whatever you think fits better. Or whatever is local. Spending more for local is worth it in case you need to return, in my opinion.
I do love Carmina but AS isn't stepping down by any means. If you post you're wearing AS, you won't be getting shit.
eta: I know Wisith has both AS double monks and Carmina double monks. His screen name is... wj4... or w4j...? He posts in the Epaulet thread.post #4629 of 188226/25/13 at 8:11am
Hasn't there been talk about that forever? Do you already have 6? PM around and see what interest you have, then take it to one of the manymanymany Carmina resellers. I haven't done an MTO with Epaulet just because it's so confusing in the thread and they get behind. I've done it with Skoak who is great and GFW which is great and local to Cali.post #4630 of 188226/25/13 at 9:58ampost #4631 of 188226/25/13 at 10:13ampost #4632 of 188226/25/13 at 10:22ampost #4633 of 188226/25/13 at 10:33ampost #4634 of 188226/25/13 at 10:36ampost #4635 of 188226/25/13 at 11:04amQuote:
there are a vast array of offerings and options. Email them directly.........
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 1 minute ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › S.E.H Kelly 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 14 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 15 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Inverallan 19 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway