Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:03 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 2:47 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 309post #4621 of 175446/24/13 at 6:22pmpost #4622 of 175446/24/13 at 7:28pmpost #4623 of 175446/24/13 at 7:45pmQuote:
I've got AS Ramsey on 99, Carmina single monks on Simpson, and Carmina dub munks on Inca.
What's your question?
I find the 99 and Inca fit my feet better, but my feet aren't your feet.
Since the AS is $100 less than the Carminas you're looking at, I'd go with AS.post #4624 of 175446/25/13 at 3:09ampost #4625 of 175446/25/13 at 3:14amQuote:
Thanks for your comments. I was primarily interested in a quality and longevity comparison between the brands. Does Carmina warrant the extra $100 in this case.post #4626 of 175446/25/13 at 4:56amQuote:
Longevity or durability really isn't a factor generally when comparing most goodyear welted shoes over the $300 mark. I really can't expect a pair of John Lobbs to last any longer than a pair of Allen Edmonds if they are both cared for properly. True some manufactures may use some better materials than others, but this is also true when they differentiate between their benchgrade and handgrade line of shoes. However this does not tend to affect the overall durability one way or the other with regards to various shoes.
Fit should be your first concern as some Lasts by some manufactures will not fit you as good as others. If the shoe doesn't fit then those pair of John Lobbs won't get worn no matter how much you paid for.
Is the shoe in the style I am looking for?
Is the shoe as pleasing to my eye as it is to my feet?post #4627 of 175446/25/13 at 6:48ampost #4628 of 175446/25/13 at 8:08amQuote:
I agree with most of this. At that point, it's whatever you think fits better. Or whatever is local. Spending more for local is worth it in case you need to return, in my opinion.
I do love Carmina but AS isn't stepping down by any means. If you post you're wearing AS, you won't be getting shit.
eta: I know Wisith has both AS double monks and Carmina double monks. His screen name is... wj4... or w4j...? He posts in the Epaulet thread.post #4629 of 175446/25/13 at 8:11am
Hasn't there been talk about that forever? Do you already have 6? PM around and see what interest you have, then take it to one of the manymanymany Carmina resellers. I haven't done an MTO with Epaulet just because it's so confusing in the thread and they get behind. I've done it with Skoak who is great and GFW which is great and local to Cali.post #4630 of 175446/25/13 at 9:58ampost #4631 of 175446/25/13 at 10:13ampost #4632 of 175446/25/13 at 10:22ampost #4633 of 175446/25/13 at 10:33ampost #4634 of 175446/25/13 at 10:36ampost #4635 of 175446/25/13 at 11:04amQuote:
there are a vast array of offerings and options. Email them directly.........
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › BNIB Carmina Suede String Loafer, Uetam, UK 8.5 1 minute ago
- › Atuhentic Belstaff Steve Mcqueen 1964 Blouson? 6 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 10 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 12 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply soho light grey flannel double breasted suit 94/148 35 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 35 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 36 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 36 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 38 minutes ago
- › Corneliani Collection Light Grey Windowpane Patch Pocket Jacket 38R 42 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts