Thanks for confirming. I use the cream on my Rancourt Venetians which seem darker than the Carminas.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 1:41 pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: Yesterday
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 301post #4501 of 166836/18/13 at 3:47pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4502 of 166836/18/13 at 5:06pmI was just in Shoemart in Norwalk CT and they had Carmina at a 20% discount. As my wife aways says, "that's real money!"
I think the discount is only good in store. I scored a pair of black, captoe, single monks on the Rain last. Was tempted to do more but a month back I got the singe monk in suede from Epaulet. My wife just ordered me my birthday present- split toe Norwegian monk from Leatherfoot. I have to show some restraint. I don't know why but in the past year since discovering Carmina, four of the five I hae gotten have been monkstraps.
Great shoes and great value.post #4503 of 166836/18/13 at 6:35pmQuote:
I was going to order a cordovan chukkas from Carmina directly. Can you expand on what you mean buy "built on the wrong last"? Thanks!post #4504 of 166836/18/13 at 7:00pmpost #4505 of 166836/18/13 at 7:52pmQuote:
Pull the trigger man price is great and shoe is amazing. Calf is buttery soft, color a bit lighter than I would prefer but not by muchpost #4506 of 166836/18/13 at 7:54pm
We're still looking for 3 more for these two boot group MTO!
1. two tone wingtip bal boot in forest last
2. navy shell jodhpur boot in deia last (picture courtesy of Ethan at the Armoury Shop HK)
3. last but not least.......I just stumbled upon this picture from Carmina's facebook page today and my heart stopped!
anyone up for this u-tip MTO in either burgundy calf or dark brown calf?? I am in myself so I need 5 more
Edited by steveyoo1983 - 6/18/13 at 8:24pmpost #4507 of 166836/18/13 at 7:55pmpost #4508 of 166836/18/13 at 8:06pmpost #4509 of 166836/18/13 at 8:41pmpost #4510 of 166836/18/13 at 8:43pmpost #4511 of 166836/18/13 at 8:55pmQuote:
What's the plan for the sole on this one?post #4512 of 166836/18/13 at 8:55pmpost #4513 of 166836/18/13 at 9:08pmQuote:
It is $875 which includes free shipping, no sales tax outside of CA, and free gift choice of either abbeyhorn shoe horn or saphir renovateur cream!
From my personal experience they feel similar to Simpson but slightly wider.post #4514 of 166836/18/13 at 10:02pmpost #4515 of 166836/18/13 at 10:04pm
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 31 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Manolo Costa Solid Forest Green Silk Repp Tie 2 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...