Simpson 10085... because I have them sitting on the floor
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 9/17/16 at 7:54am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:23 am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 2:43 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 297post #4442 of 183776/15/13 at 5:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry NelsonQuote:
You can also look up the model if it's not stated on the box. Have you got the farfetch link?
E.g. http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/carmina-shoemaker-suede-loafer-item-10277061.aspx?storeid=9269 shows the Brand Style Id as 80191 under Composition and Care.
A search for "carmina 80191" brings up the Uetam penny loafer.
I bought the cordovan split toe monks from Far Fetch.
They're listed as style 80180 which is supposed to be on the Simpson last.
However what I received was style 80180 on the Rain.post #4443 of 183776/15/13 at 6:23am
Carmina have those as being on the Simpson - http://www.carminashoemaker.com/web/hom/coleccion_modelo_detalle.php?lang=eng&dist=g&id_col=21&id_mod=83&id_modFull=0,70,217,86,85,84,83,81,80,79,78,77,76,75,74,73,71,262
I'm also looking at the available shoes on the Rain last at http://www.carminashoemaker.com/web/hom/coleccion_cajas.php?lang=eng&dist=h&id_col=17 and don't see anything like it.post #4444 of 183776/15/13 at 8:52ampost #4445 of 183776/15/13 at 9:16ampost #4446 of 183776/15/13 at 9:18ampost #4447 of 183776/15/13 at 9:42ampost #4448 of 183776/15/13 at 10:21am
The burgundy shell shoes I received were more of a Horween #8, like the Alden shoes. The cognac shell in double monk was dark. I actually wanted to get a pair of saddle shell double monks, but the MTO price was equivalent of being able to get 2 pairs instead of just 1. The only way I could see resolving the color issue is Betty sending a sample cuts to the MTO organizer and then they would be able to decide. Aero leather jacket manufacturer actually sent me 5-6 samples of the various Steerhide and horsehide samples.post #4449 of 183776/15/13 at 12:17pm
Great looking boots!Quote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
I just got these Carmina derby boots in burgundy shell cordovan and I must say they are some of the most beautiful boots I own!post #4450 of 183776/15/13 at 12:45pmpost #4451 of 183776/15/13 at 2:19pm
Question: I need help with Carmina last and sizing. I have a pair of Carmina balmoral boots on the Forest last in UK6.5 wide. I am interested in some lace-ups that Carmina makes on the rain and inca lasts. I would appreciate any advice as to how the forest last compares size-wise - and primarily in width, since that seems to be the major sizing factor with European shoes -- to the rain and inca lasts. Also does anyone know if rain and inca lasts have variable widths available as, apparently, the forest last does. Thank you.post #4452 of 183776/15/13 at 3:49pmpost #4453 of 183776/15/13 at 5:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by aldenwear
Question: I need help with Carmina last and sizing. I have a pair of Carmina balmoral boots on the Forest last in UK6.5 wide. I am interested in some lace-ups that Carmina makes on the rain and inca lasts. I would appreciate any advice as to how the forest last compares size-wise - and primarily in width, since that seems to be the major sizing factor with European shoes -- to the rain and inca lasts. Also does anyone know if rain and inca lasts have variable widths available as, apparently, the forest last does. Thank you.
I don't think the Rain and Inca are available in wide fittings.
The Rain and Inca feel wider than the regular width Forest.post #4454 of 183776/15/13 at 5:41pmpost #4455 of 183776/15/13 at 6:01pm
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › FS: Gorgeous NWT Luigi Borrelli Napoli (mainline) Rain & Wind... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Staple LARDINI Sportcoat Blazer 48 Gray - Blue 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...