Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 4:37 pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: Today
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Today
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 245post #3661 of 166814/1/13 at 12:30am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3662 of 166814/1/13 at 12:39amQuote:
I agree, I saw them on the Matches site and thought I have never seen anything like this before. I would never be able to wear them.post #3663 of 166814/1/13 at 3:29am
Slightly off topic, but do you boot guys have any tips on how to tie the laces so they stay closed? I think my problem is related to the speedhooks, I either lace them so tight that the hooks pull the knot open when I walk, or I tie them a little bit loose, in which case the laces slip off the hooks entirely.post #3664 of 166814/1/13 at 4:44ampost #3665 of 166814/1/13 at 5:48ampost #3666 of 166814/1/13 at 8:20ampost #3667 of 166814/1/13 at 8:32amQuote:Originally Posted by Concub1ne
Slightly off topic, but do you boot guys have any tips on how to tie the laces so they stay closed? I think my problem is related to the speedhooks, I either lace them so tight that the hooks pull the knot open when I walk, or I tie them a little bit loose, in which case the laces slip off the hooks entirely.
I have never had a problem even when I tie the lace to the second last hook ( I mean not right up to the top) , I always at the end tie a double not and even after eleven hours on my feet the knot is still in place.post #3668 of 166814/1/13 at 9:35ampost #3669 of 166814/1/13 at 10:03ampost #3670 of 166814/1/13 at 10:19ampost #3671 of 166814/1/13 at 10:29ampost #3672 of 166814/1/13 at 12:00pmQuote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I know I posted a link earlier but just wanted to post a picture of the shoe as well. Anyone for this MTO?
I'd be interested in hearing more. I've got a couple other things in the pipeline so it would depend on how/if those unfold.post #3673 of 166814/1/13 at 12:15pmpost #3674 of 166814/1/13 at 1:08pmQuote:
I think we should probably give the luxury of the MTO to skoaktiebolaget since they inspired it in the first place. I'll make them aware of the thread so far.
Sweet. That makes.. two and a half? :-D
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 20 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 21 minutes ago
- › NWT ISAIA 100% Navy soft construction sport coat 21 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Lightly Worn ISAIA dark green & navy quilted coat 40US/50EU [M] 22 minutes ago
- › NWT ISAIA Shirts Sizes 15.75/40, 16/41, 16.5/42 - More Added 1/24 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...