Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 11/26/16 at 12:57am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 2:27 pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Is shell cordovan a better option than calf for rainy days?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to identify shell cordovan leather?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 243post #3632 of 188223/29/13 at 12:37pmpost #3633 of 188223/29/13 at 1:51pmpost #3634 of 188223/29/13 at 7:12pmQuote:
Do you know if they source their Shell from Horween - Chicago?post #3635 of 188223/29/13 at 8:31pmpost #3636 of 188223/29/13 at 8:53pmpost #3637 of 188223/29/13 at 9:20pmpost #3638 of 188223/29/13 at 11:18pmpost #3639 of 188223/30/13 at 12:12ampost #3640 of 188223/30/13 at 4:20amThose Ruby boots are stunning, gutted I never got in on that MTO.
Here's a cross post from the Epaulet thread, any advice on how to deal with my sole would be appreciated.Quote:Originally Posted by Jagger_On
My Saddle Shell Sallingers have been through the wars a bit but there still holding up pretty well. Whether its wearing them to a wedding and getting a horrible scratch on one of the toe caps from a high heel or wearing them to the Christmas do thinking it would finish at 5pm and then not getting home until 5 am. One of these days, I'll learn. Here's a couple of pics of how they are holding up.
Having said all that, I got home from work the other day and noticed this on the sole. I must have stood on some glass or something. Is there a quick fix for this or will I have to go and get them re-soled or re-crafted?
Thankspost #3641 of 188223/30/13 at 6:21amQuote:
Best to have this fully resoled, unfortunately no quick fix will last! I had the same happen to pair of JL shoes I had and had to have the full pair resoled, the sad part was I had only worn them about a dozen times when it happened.post #3642 of 188223/30/13 at 7:13ampost #3643 of 188223/30/13 at 7:42amQuote:A dozen times? How far do you walk? Jagger, that hole is just the outsole wearing out to the point you can see the cork. A full resole/refurb would be advised. Can you send them back to Carmina? That would be best since they should be able to use the original last to keep the shape.
This typically happens after 2-3 years of wear for me on single soles shoes. Congrats! I find it an accomplishment when I wear soles down (okay, maybe you don't), it's evidence that I get good use out of them.post #3644 of 188223/30/13 at 9:37ampost #3645 of 188223/30/13 at 10:41amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by DpprDr
A dozen times? How far do you walk? Jagger, that hole is just the outsole wearing out to the point you can see the cork. A full resole/refurb would be advised. Can you send them back to Carmina? That would be best since they should be able to use the original last to keep the shape.
This typically happens after 2-3 years of wear for me on single soles shoes. Congrats! I find it an accomplishment when I wear soles down (okay, maybe you don't), it's evidence that I get good use out of them.
Cheers. Is that all it is? I've had soles wear it plenty of times and it never looked that but these are a step up from any previous shoes I've had resoled. It just looked to me like something had cut into the sole as I hadn't seen any previous evidence that the sole was ready to go. Yeah, I do wear them a ton and I am quite heavy on my feet so that doesn't help.
I'm in the UK so sending them off to Spain isn't too much of an issue. I'll fire off an email to Carmina, anybody any idea of how much that might set me back?
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Currently, there are 1205 Active Users (269 Members and 936 Guests)
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 seconds ago
- › Styleforum's "Just what Santa should have brought" Viberg GMTO... 42 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Experiences with Yoox? Help please! 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds x Massdrop Unlined Chukka Boot Review/Info 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 16 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway