Just checked in on skoabs site to see how the grain boots were coming. Delayed until february.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 5:28 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 194post #2896 of 167381/16/13 at 9:42am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2897 of 167381/16/13 at 9:44ampost #2898 of 167381/16/13 at 9:53amQuote:Thanx mymil. I do know how to care for my shoes, do a mirror spit shine etc. It's to understand how they create that antiquing I'm after.Originally Posted by mymil
http://www.styleforum.net/t/228153/the-official-shoe-care-thread-tutorials-photos-etc/post #2899 of 167381/16/13 at 9:55ampost #2900 of 167381/16/13 at 9:59ampost #2901 of 167381/16/13 at 10:18ampost #2902 of 167381/16/13 at 10:24ampost #2903 of 167381/16/13 at 10:30amQuote:
Many thanks...kind of brings up a dressing to your audience. Is there such a thing as being "overdressed" for an interview, i.e. wearing nicer shoes/clothing than the person doing the interviewing?post #2904 of 167381/16/13 at 11:50amQuote:
From what (very little) I understand about business environments, the big no-nos are wearing things which are usually only worn by higher ranked employees, e.g., double breasted suit jackets, or a 3 piece.Quote:
I foolishly miss out the first time, then the restock is delayed by two months. Classic.post #2905 of 167381/16/13 at 12:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
Found several Carima's on Skoak's website that are very appealing. Do you guys consider black whole cuts appropriate for a suit and a job interview?
Carmina 910 Black Whole Cuts Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Whole cut and plain cap toe would be perfectly suitable, punched cap toe a little less. I prefer the look of the whole cuts primarily because I think the rain last works better for that style of shoe than the forest.post #2906 of 167381/16/13 at 12:34pmQuote:
Most likely by using a cream polish in a color darker than the original leather. Just be careful around seams and brogueing---go over them only when your applicator seems completely out of polish.post #2907 of 167381/16/13 at 12:48pmQuote:
I agree and the Rain last is a perfect shape for the whole cut.post #2908 of 167381/16/13 at 1:29pmQuote:
So true. More Boomer fail. Was talking to my boss the other day, who was wearing bicycle toes. Ugh.post #2909 of 167381/16/13 at 1:32pmpost #2910 of 167381/16/13 at 1:35pmQuote:
lol, my boss wears stacy madden (i think thats correct..) faux leather tassel loafers. Ive only know him for a year but apparently hes been replacing them with the same model for 5+ years
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 39 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 46 seconds ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.