York sole might be a good middle way.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 11:57 am in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 187post #2791 of 167291/10/13 at 2:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2792 of 167291/10/13 at 2:22pmpost #2793 of 167291/10/13 at 3:13pmpost #2794 of 167291/10/13 at 3:15pm
Skoakti or epaulet.
From mike at epaulet:
So, I asked about that. The leather there is called "Lama," which is a soft tumbled calfskin. You guys may have seen our Fitzgerald shortwing in the grey version of this leather. It's excellent, but the supplier recently went out of business. They may have enough to make a few pieces up, but I'll have to find out. In person it's pretty close in tone to caramel calfskin, so it might be a bit of a duplication there.
It might be difficult but let's see if there's a possibility!post #2795 of 167291/10/13 at 4:07pmQuote:
The Forest is not really wide or Bulbous. Oscar is probably the closest, but as a boot it only really fits that description in a side-by-side with Forest.post #2796 of 167291/10/13 at 4:20pmQuote:
Nice photoshop, man. Got me some cognac shell ptbs from Paul and Friends I scored for 500 bucks on eBay coming soon.post #2797 of 167291/10/13 at 4:22pmpost #2798 of 167291/10/13 at 4:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Leaves
No, not any plans as we have it in Vegano Marron. If you get a minimum of 6 people together for a Group MTO the price is 3400 SEK (2720 SEK ex VAT, approx. $400).
We're doing exactly this boot for fall in "Camel Grain", but with a York sole or possibly a brown Commando sole.
I will be purchasing if I beat the other vulchers to it. Fantastic boot. Which last? (ok, maybe I won't, depending...).post #2799 of 167291/10/13 at 5:05pmpost #2800 of 167291/10/13 at 5:43pmQuote:
I have them and they're great, especially for that price. I wear them in the same size as I wear all other lasts (except Simpson). For the price, I'd get them and not look back. Great loafer, IMO.
Here's a pic of them next to the Soller-lasted chukkas from http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/post #2801 of 167291/10/13 at 6:18pmpost #2802 of 167291/10/13 at 6:33pmpost #2803 of 167291/10/13 at 6:40pmpost #2804 of 167291/10/13 at 6:42pmpost #2805 of 167291/10/13 at 6:57pm
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 46 seconds ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pure Blue Japan 31 (pics inside) 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?