Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- brandCarminatagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemCarmina Detroit Lasttagged by Cleav, 3/24/15
- itemCarmina Double Monk Inca Lasttagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- itemCarmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boottagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicChukkatagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryLoaferstagged by SYSTEM, 8/11/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by LA Guy, 10/13/13
- topicShell Cordovantagged by NAMOR, 7/3/15More
- topicShoestagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Pediwear Shoes - Official Thread Last post on 1/25/16 at 4:17am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina vs. Carmina for the Armoury Last post on 7/14/15 at 11:03am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 1:41 pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: Yesterday
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 147post #2191 of 1668311/19/12 at 12:32pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2192 of 1668311/19/12 at 2:13pm
I'm discussing with a Carmina retailer via email a purchase of this boots (here in cognac cordovan):
Here in saddle cordovan:
Here in natural cordovan (not really sure):
Cognac is out of stock and not an option. I'm not interested in black.
Can anyone comment on the differences between natural & saddle? I've never seen any in person. I'm looking forward to wear those on an informal attire (navy peacoat, OCBD, denim) or even ToJ black leather bomber & tee (this might not be possible, weird combo?).
IMHO, on paper the saddle one looks much better than the natural one for my usage. The other one might look too formal. Another doubt is whether to wait for the cognac one to be restocked.post #2193 of 1668311/19/12 at 5:09pmQuote:
I'm on Skoaktiebolaget's site and it seems they have the same taste as me! Thanks for the heads up.post #2194 of 1668311/19/12 at 8:08pmQuote:
I've ordered 2x from the E-tique, & the process was easy & response quick. Any aspect of the process in particular you're interested in?post #2195 of 1668311/19/12 at 10:26pmpost #2196 of 1668311/20/12 at 5:03amQuote:
Not really, I found the same shoe on the E-tique website for 20% less than other retailers and was wondering if there was a catch, i.e. service and shipping terrible, etc.? Although, I find Drakes ties to be less expensive on their website that other e-retailers too.post #2197 of 1668311/20/12 at 8:05amQuote:
firstname.lastname@example.org will take you right to the person you want to speak to.post #2198 of 1668311/20/12 at 8:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
Not really, I found the same shoe on the E-tique website for 20% less than other retailers and was wondering if there was a catch, i.e. service and shipping terrible, etc.? Although, I find Drakes ties to be less expensive on their website that other e-retailers too.
Their web operation is good...altho they dont hold your hand like Mr Porter et al. You will have your order in around 5 days after you order. They will seldom give you a tracking no even if you ask but the shoes will arrive and be well packed. Expect them to be valued 100% accurately so you will have to pay import duties. I have ordered 3 times and all three times I got exactly what I wanted.post #2199 of 1668311/20/12 at 8:41amQuote:Originally Posted by Fiddler
Their web operation is good...altho they dont hold your hand like Mr Porter et al. You will have your order in around 5 days after you order. They will seldom give you a tracking no even if you ask but the shoes will arrive and be well packed. Expect them to be valued 100% accurately so you will have to pay import duties. I have ordered 3 times and all three times I got exactly what I wanted.
Do we pay import duties in the US?post #2200 of 1668311/20/12 at 10:26ampost #2201 of 1668311/20/12 at 11:13ampost #2202 of 1668311/20/12 at 11:41ampost #2203 of 1668311/20/12 at 12:56pmpost #2204 of 1668311/20/12 at 1:01pmpost #2205 of 1668311/20/12 at 1:13pm
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 32 seconds ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 51 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › New - Gustin Japan Black x Slate Raw Denim - Size 32 Slim - 13 oz... 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...