or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1223

post #18331 of 18876
The bourbon shell jumpers are up on Carmina's site!

Please buy all the size 7s before I do something silly!!
post #18332 of 18876
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaltazar View Post
 

What last is that?

 

Are they comfortable when walking? I always had this doubt, with the laces coming all the way up to the fast hooks, can you walk "freely"?

 

Robert Last. 

 

Since they are broken in now I can drive and walk fairly easily. The main problem is the speed hook CHEW UP laces like crazy. I have to replace them once a year.

post #18333 of 18876
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post

Robert Last. 

Since they are broken in now I can drive and walk fairly easily. The main problem is the speed hook CHEW UP laces like crazy. I have to replace them once a year.

I was late for a meeting and had to run to it while wearing my carmina bal boots on their maiden voyage...that was comical 😂
post #18334 of 18876
Quote:
Originally Posted by phsiao08 View Post
 

Anyone have experience with their cordovan offerings with pics? Thinking of picking up the black forest cordovan makeup online....any sites beside the official website they recommend to buy? I don't see that make up on skoaktiebolaget.se....


These three are MTOs and not stock offerings, but you can get an idea of the colors. Navy, Burgundy (color 8), and (new) Cognac:


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

post #18335 of 18876
Quote:
Originally Posted by ino68 View Post

The bourbon shell jumpers are up on Carmina's site!

Please buy all the size 7s before I do something silly!!

+1

post #18336 of 18876
Aren't it pretty much the same boots I bought in the Palma Store?

post #18337 of 18876
Chukkas:

post #18338 of 18876
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by insy View Post

Aren't it pretty much the same boots I bought in the Palma Store?

 

 

Yours are actually older Cognac.  Not Bourbon.

 

The New Bourbon should be slightly lighter IRL.

 

Obviously, with cordovan there are anomaly variations across the board that make even the most dedicated collectors confused.

 

This is due to the dense pores of the shells accepting dyes and coloring differently.

 

My understanding is that even the factory itself has a bit of trouble nailing down the shades...

 

Thanks.

post #18339 of 18876

 

Carmina for /r/GYW vision suede wholecut chelseas on Rain

post #18340 of 18876
Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbop View Post




Carmina for /r/GYW vision suede wholecut chelseas on Rain

Really like these. Make me even more excited for my tobacco ones from Skoak to get here. How'd you size them if you don't mind me asking
post #18341 of 18876
Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbop View Post
 

 

Carmina for /r/GYW vision suede wholecut chelseas on Rain

 

These are great, and really love that vision suede. Although summer is over, I'd love a GMTO for a pair of Rain wholecut loafers in vision suede. Just trying to plant a seed for next summer. ;)

 

post #18342 of 18876

^That's one of my favorite styles.  I'd want mink (dark brown with hint of gray) or black suede.  But I have enough shoes.

post #18343 of 18876
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPDarb View Post


Really like these. Make me even more excited for my tobacco ones from Skoak to get here. How'd you size them if you don't mind me asking

 

I took 1 down from Brannock

post #18344 of 18876
I know it's been asked so thank you in advance..8.5 Barrie is perfect, 9d plaza, do you think i can wear 8uk Detroit?

Thanks
post #18345 of 18876
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb43 View Post

I know it's been asked so thank you in advance..8.5 Barrie is perfect, 9d plaza, do you think i can wear 8uk Detroit?

Thanks

Yes, I would recommend this. Lengthwise I go 10.5 Barrie, 11 Hampton, and 10 Detroit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)