or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) - Page 1219

post #18271 of 18837

If it bothers you a bunch, then try and return it (they apparently tried to make it easier for US returns).  My tobacco belt is different than my tobacco shoes but it's because carmina changed the tobacco coloring.  Mine isn't as different as your but when wearing both, you can't tell at all because they are so far apart. I bet in the shade/indoors, they look very similar.

post #18272 of 18837

Thanks everyone for your input.  I must say that the belts themselves are of high quality and the suede used is very nice, if not the exact same suede as used on the shoes.

 

Still, it's a crappy situation since white jeans work particularly well with Tobacco suede chukkas and having a matching belt works nicely.

 

I'm still thinking about this, but appreciate everyone's thoughts...

post #18273 of 18837

Anybody have experience with the Pina last? Thinking about a pair of loafers but not sure if I should take Oscar/Rain/Inca size or size down. Thanks in advance.

post #18274 of 18837
Quote:
Originally Posted by barlos View Post

Anybody have experience with the Pina last? Thinking about a pair of loafers but not sure if I should take Oscar/Rain/Inca size or size down. Thanks in advance.

I have a Pina last loafer that I went with the same size as my Rain, and it works well. Half size down from Simpson, same as rain, same as Detroit last. No Oscar to compare.
post #18275 of 18837
Quote:
Originally Posted by barlos View Post
 

Anybody have experience with the Pina last? Thinking about a pair of loafers but not sure if I should take Oscar/Rain/Inca size or size down. Thanks in advance.

It's ok. It just makes your feet look like pineapples.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That was a joke.
post #18276 of 18837
post #18277 of 18837
Quote:
Originally Posted by moixet View Post



New Boots?? 
http://carminashoemaker.tumblr.com/

Bourbon Cordovan, hmmm, not that much difference from Saddle Shell. Great boots though.
post #18278 of 18837
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moixet View Post
 

New Boots?? 

http://carminashoemaker.tumblr.com/

 

 

@RogerP

 

There they are my friend...with your name written all over them....;)

post #18279 of 18837
Ohhhhhhhh my I've been after these forever.

I already have two tan derby boots!!
post #18280 of 18837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

@RogerP

 

There they are my friend...with your name written all over them....;)


Like... available now???

post #18281 of 18837
Quote:
Originally Posted by ino68 View Post

Ohhhhhhhh my I've been after these forever.

I already have two tan derby boots!!

I do as well. The only way I'd add a third pair is for saddle-ish shell.
post #18282 of 18837
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolarrow View Post
 

It's ok. It just makes your feet look like pineapples.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That was a joke.

 

 

Perfect, this is exactly the look I'm going for.

 

 

Betty noted that the instep is rather low. Is that in line with your experience?  @knappabn @coolarrow

post #18283 of 18837

I sadly have to part with my pair of 6.5E burgundy museum calf adelaides. As it turns out, the Simpson last doesn't work with my feett - they're too big for them. If you're a smaller-footed gentlemen, they're on the B&S section!

 

I could have sworn that they fit me when I tried them on last year, and I was fitted by Carmina reps too. I must have misheard the last of the shoe I tried on or something....

 

But what can you do. The hunt for a pair of burgundy dress shoes will continue another day. 
 

post #18284 of 18837
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopicK View Post
 

I sadly have to part with my pair of 6.5E burgundy museum calf adelaides. As it turns out, the Simpson last doesn't work with my feett - they're too big for them. If you're a smaller-footed gentlemen, they're on the B&S section!

 

I could have sworn that they fit me when I tried them on last year, and I was fitted by Carmina reps too. I must have misheard the last of the shoe I tried on or something....

 

But what can you do. The hunt for a pair of burgundy dress shoes will continue another day. 
 

 

The Carmina u-wings are an alternative. They are on the Rain last, which is the Simpson last's wider brother.

post #18285 of 18837

Any photos of the Burger last in the wild?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...)